Your plate carrier set ups

Hef Legend
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Afternoon All,

I've seen various load out threads on here and after a brief search I couldn't find one specifically for plate carriers and how we all run them.

I'd be interested to see what PC's people are using, why they have it set up the way they do, what they carry and any tips/tricks for placement of items or useful items.

My main plate carrier is a Warrior Assault Systems (WAS) DCS in OD with the below pouches, all WAS:

• Triple Elastic Mag Pouch (3 x M4 mags)
  • Single Elastic Mag Pouch (M4 Mag)
  • Double Pistol Pouch (G17 mags)
  • Small admin pouch (tools, speed loader and a snack bar (super important))
  • Frag Pouch (Holds tennis ball style grenades and a M67 style gas charger)
  • Utility Pouch (holds small ammo bottle)
  • 2 Chem lights (yet to use, but I like the look)
  • Small torch (This was cheap of ebay and was invaluable at private mall game we had, ideal for lighting up up small areas in front of me or when loading in the dark.
  • Small molle knife (useful for cutting twigs, fishing line etc)

Still need to get a Hydration pack and possibly a medic pouch to go on the back.[/size]

Everything on this is set up to be low drag and easy to access, albeit the elastic mag pouches are tight, I may look to change these for FAST mags with the pistol pouches on the front. This will free up some room on one of the sides for another frag pouch for either a TRMR or VTG[/size]

I run this with a battle belt which has a dump pouch, small utility pouch and drop leg holster. All in all I love the WAS DCS and highly recommend them. [/size]

And before someone asks, yes theres a seeding tray on my windowsill as I'm growing some chillies......because I'm cool like that :)[/size]

Mk9x36A.jpg

BjfhKYV.jpg
l6JvUzd.jpg

Nice looking rig!

Im running an 8Fields Tactical Lightweight Jump Plate Carrier with...

Front

• 4x m4 pouch on the very front
  • 3x m4 pouch behind it (built into the vest, use for speedloaders)
  • Fake MS3 Magpul Sling (probably got it on wrong, but its works and it's compfy!)
  • 5x Glock magazine pouch (at the behind the velcro)

Left

• 4x m4 pouch (I hold my buddy's mags - he doesn't have a set up yet)
  • Radio Pouch (it isnt actually on in this photo :P )

Right

• Utility pouch (Here i hold a spare battery, snacks, etc...)
  • 1x glock magazine pouch (i dont actually use this one :blink: not sure why its on there)

Back

• A hydration pouch for a 1ltr camelbak
  • Fold out dump pouch

It's an OK set up - not the best, but it's functional and compfy. It's neither light or non-intrusive, and it can be a pain to reach the pouches sometimes, but i can carry lots of ammo (enough for a whole day easily - 11 m4 mags and 6 glock mags, but this is only because

1. I can
  2. I carry a friends ammo
  3. Allows me to go trigger happy!
  4. Reloads look good on camera B)
  5. I can :P

post-12204-0-08691100-1463589112_thumb.jpg

post-12204-0-10435800-1463589152_thumb.jpg

post-12204-0-73159200-1463589159_thumb.jpg

post-12204-0-98807900-1463589170_thumb.jpg

Nice looking rig!

Im running an 8Fields Tactical Lightweight Jump Plate Carrier with...

Front

• 4x m4 pouch on the very front
  • 3x m4 pouch behind it (built into the vest, use for speedloaders)
  • Fake MS3 Magpul Sling (probably got it on wrong, but its works and it's compfy!)
  • 5x Glock magazine pouch (at the behind the velcro)

Left

• 4x m4 pouch (I hold my buddy's mags - he doesn't have a set up yet)
  • Radio Pouch (it isnt actually on in this photo :P )

Right

• Utility pouch (Here i hold a spare battery, snacks, etc...)
  • 1x glock magazine pouch (i dont actually use this one :blink: not sure why its on there)

Back

• A hydration pouch for a 1ltr camelbak
  • Fold out dump pouch

It's an OK set up - not the best, but it's functional and compfy. It's neither light or non-intrusive, and it can be a pain to reach the pouches sometimes, but i can carry lots of ammo (enough for a whole day easily - 11 m4 mags and 6 glock mags, but this is only because

1. I can
  2. I carry a friends ammo
  3. Allows me to go trigger happy!
  4. Reloads look good on camera B)
  5. I can :P

I used to own the same JPC, got mine from Taiwangun. I liked it, but it just felt a bit stiff and I didn't like the skeletal traps.

Great value for money though :)

I used to own the same JPC, got mine from Taiwangun. I liked it, but it just felt a bit stiff and I didn't like the skeletal traps.

Great value for money though :)

yeah it's my first setup, only been in the hobby for 9 months or so. Im stuck in the middle of my GCSEs at the moment, but once they are over and ive got a job, a new set up might be on the horizon!

yeah it's my first setup, only been in the hobby for 9 months or so. Im stuck in the middle of my GCSEs at the moment, but once they are over and ive got a job, a new set up might be on the horizon!

GCSE's?

Were you taking that Biology paper with the drunk rat question? lol Saw it come up today on my FB feed and thought it was quite funny

GCSE's?

Were you taking that Biology paper with the drunk rat question? lol Saw it come up today on my FB feed and thought it was quite funny

ah no i did the other paper yesterday, the one about Ebola and Neanderthal's teeth...

When I started I bought a no name carrier off ebay, looked ace but in use I was pretty disappointed.

It was uncomfortable, stiff and sweaty, even in the middle of Feb it was like an oven

rFfQDDF.jpg?3

Recently purchased an Osprey MK4 Plate carrier, figured I would get the same our lads use, if is good enough for them in Afghanistan it's good enough for me in a private wood within easy commutable distance from the M4!

Front ops Panel

3 elasticated mag pouches

Pistol mag pouch

Drop pouch

Single point rifle Sling

Its ex issue so has the used in combat look.

CoZdxfp.jpg?1

• Supporters

For £12 you can't really go wrong, but I've never understood why anyone would WANT to wear osprey!

Here's an old one of my carrier, it's had a couple of changes since this photo was taken but I don't have time to get a new one right now.

A8EB4822-B2EC-4893-AEF9-C0D3C6028BB4.jpg

I'm looking for a cheap Chest Rig, I'm on a pretty tight budget (Saving for New York) what would you guys recommend for cheap? I already have Mag Pouches.

Not derailing a brilliant thread.

My PC is a RG Flyye 6094, I run it very light, hardly worth a post, just triple quick access pouch on the front, and the kangaroo pouches. But it's cheap (£65) and not exactly comfortable.

Rasputin AVS. Was only £60 and has held up perfectly. Run it with

AVS Front Flap

Micro Utility

2x Toy soldier crye style 9mm pouches

Mayflower backpanel

5D1F27E2-9636-4341-8228-CB1E23F323C2_zps

F5F0F3B4-4C8F-47E5-9C3F-29102450B2BA_zps

SolidFox CPC with

Warrior Flashbang

Tyr Tactical Utility

2x SFLCS 9mm

1 ITW Fastmag

Mayflower Backpanel

b09344c2-ed9f-4abf-8db7-1476f255cb59_zps

• Moderators

chest rig for me, in Coyote and Atacs AU, although AU only worn so far for prob 2 hours as playing more woody type games at mo...also the CPC as I got it reduced, for a lighter run around..

just standard set up as WAS gave me with open mag pouches, although both have the back panel, the coyote has a hydration pack on it

was tempted to look at the Atacs FG but will wait on discount codes, no rush :)

OD DCS for the win.

1ADF2867-0D86-41F5-95E9-48B374B8B325_zps

88D6DE87-F195-49C9-9627-D1A9CAE72358_zps

Not far from yours. Nice and simple.

OD DCS for the win.

1ADF2867-0D86-41F5-95E9-48B374B8B325_zps

88D6DE87-F195-49C9-9627-D1A9CAE72358_zps

Not far from yours. Nice and simple.

What pack is that on the back?

It's the original WAS hydro pouch. It's not sold anymore.

Archived