callumbagshaw

Motor Change

I do understand you, it's just my personal preference.

And by the hideous Krytac I'm especially referring to this monstrosity (and the likes): :)

Krytac-Trident-M4-SDP-Airsoft-Gun-Black_

To be fair, it at least has a buffer tube.

I do understand you, it's just my personal preference.

And by the hideous Krytac I'm especially referring to this monstrosity (and the likes): :)

Krytac-Trident-M4-SDP-Airsoft-Gun-Black_

To be fair, it at least has a buffer tube.

If you have ever handled one on person you soon realise its even worse than it looks.

Shoots great but feels very weird to use.

NECRO...

I've read through this thread multiple times, and tried to get other information from other forums, websites etc but still not 100% sure on this.

I've got a Krytac LVOA-S with a 20K motor, and was looking to carry out a couple of basic upgrades a tighter barrel and a 30K motor.

My question is, am I safe to run a 30K motor with a 7.4V Lipo? Or will that also see double feeding issues? and is 7.4V powerful enough to turn over a 30K motor?

Sorry for all the questions, but I just wondered if anyone was able to clarify before I ordered anything! 

should be ok with a 30k motor with a 7.4v LiPo, or you could go 20k motor with an 11.1v LiPo for similar results, and possibly cheaper

39 minutes ago, PT247 said:

should be ok with a 30k motor with a 7.4v LiPo, or you could go 20k motor with an 11.1v LiPo for similar results, and possibly cheaper

I assume the Krytac internals can take the extra voltage? 

I appreciate there will be increased wear on the gearbox though! 

I've been running my Krytac PDW on 11.1v LiPos with the 20k motor for over 2 years, best AEG I've ever had. I even fitted it with the 30k motor and 11.1v LiPos for around 6 months with no real issues, but it was more picky on mags so went back to the 20k motor 🙂

22 hours ago, PT247 said:

I've been running my Krytac PDW on 11.1v LiPos with the 20k motor for over 2 years, best AEG I've ever had. I even fitted it with the 30k motor and 11.1v LiPos for around 6 months with no real issues, but it was more picky on mags so went back to the 20k motor 🙂

I couldn't agree more bud, my LVOA has blow me away with its 'out the box' performance! 

Ordered a couple of bits earlier today...

Laylax Prometheus tightbore barrel, Laylax Prometheus barrel clip, and a Krytac 30K motor.

However I was called shortly after placing the order to be told they didn't have the motor in stock after all, so instead after a recommendation I have ordered a ASG Boost Ultimate motor 30K 

I will let you know how it goes!

On 08/11/2018 at 16:12, RMDavis said:

I will let you know how it goes!

How did it go. Just about to pull the trigger on a ASG Infinify 30K and I have heard differing options as to whether it will cause issues

7 hours ago, Mcdan360 said:

How did it go. Just about to pull the trigger on a ASG Infinify 30K and I have heard differing options as to whether it will cause issues

Go for it mate. I went for an ASG Boost Ultimate 30k motor (I think the Infinity is an even better motor than this) 

My personal experience has been fantastic! The rof has increased dramatically, and the trigger response in single shot has improved considerably! 

I took my time setting up the motor height, and I haven't had any issues with feeding or double shots etc. 

Here's a couple of videos to show both before and after the motor change. 

I'm fitting an M105 spring this weekend so I will let you know how that goes and if it effects the performance good or bad coupled with that motor. 

Please excuse the massive videos!? 🤔

Haha I didnt realise you were the same user that messaged me the other day... thanks for the vidoes again though. Instead of selling the Krytac i have decided to keep it and spend a little more money. I have just purchased an ASG infinity 30k motor, a gate titan and r-hop patch.