Motor Change

callumbagshaw
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I do understand you, it's just my personal preference.

And by the hideous Krytac I'm especially referring to this monstrosity (and the likes): :)

Krytac-Trident-M4-SDP-Airsoft-Gun-Black_

To be fair, it at least has a buffer tube.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

I do understand you, it's just my personal preference.

And by the hideous Krytac I'm especially referring to this monstrosity (and the likes): :)

Krytac-Trident-M4-SDP-Airsoft-Gun-Black_

To be fair, it at least has a buffer tube.

If you have ever handled one on person you soon realise its even worse than it looks.

Shoots great but feels very weird to use.

• 2 years later...

NECRO...

I've read through this thread multiple times, and tried to get other information from other forums, websites etc but still not 100% sure on this.

I've got a Krytac LVOA-S with a 20K motor, and was looking to carry out a couple of basic upgrades a tighter barrel and a 30K motor.

My question is, am I safe to run a 30K motor with a 7.4V Lipo? Or will that also see double feeding issues? and is 7.4V powerful enough to turn over a 30K motor?

Sorry for all the questions, but I just wondered if anyone was able to clarify before I ordered anything! 

should be ok with a 30k motor with a 7.4v LiPo, or you could go 20k motor with an 11.1v LiPo for similar results, and possibly cheaper

39 minutes ago, PT247 said:

should be ok with a 30k motor with a 7.4v LiPo, or you could go 20k motor with an 11.1v LiPo for similar results, and possibly cheaper

I assume the Krytac internals can take the extra voltage? 

I appreciate there will be increased wear on the gearbox though! 

I've been running my Krytac PDW on 11.1v LiPos with the 20k motor for over 2 years, best AEG I've ever had. I even fitted it with the 30k motor and 11.1v LiPos for around 6 months with no real issues, but it was more picky on mags so went back to the 20k motor 🙂

22 hours ago, PT247 said:

I've been running my Krytac PDW on 11.1v LiPos with the 20k motor for over 2 years, best AEG I've ever had. I even fitted it with the 30k motor and 11.1v LiPos for around 6 months with no real issues, but it was more picky on mags so went back to the 20k motor 🙂

I couldn't agree more bud, my LVOA has blow me away with its 'out the box' performance! 

Ordered a couple of bits earlier today...

Laylax Prometheus tightbore barrel, Laylax Prometheus barrel clip, and a Krytac 30K motor.

However I was called shortly after placing the order to be told they didn't have the motor in stock after all, so instead after a recommendation I have ordered a ASG Boost Ultimate motor 30K 

I will let you know how it goes!

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Mcdan360 said:

How did it go. Just about to pull the trigger on a ASG Infinify 30K and I have heard differing options as to whether it will cause issues

Go for it mate. I went for an ASG Boost Ultimate 30k motor (I think the Infinity is an even better motor than this) 

My personal experience has been fantastic! The rof has increased dramatically, and the trigger response in single shot has improved considerably! 

I took my time setting up the motor height, and I haven't had any issues with feeding or double shots etc. 

Here's a couple of videos to show both before and after the motor change. 

I'm fitting an M105 spring this weekend so I will let you know how that goes and if it effects the performance good or bad coupled with that motor. 

Haha I didnt realise you were the same user that messaged me the other day... thanks for the vidoes again though. Instead of selling the Krytac i have decided to keep it and spend a little more money. I have just purchased an ASG infinity 30k motor, a gate titan and r-hop patch.

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy folks!

Was searching around Google for some knowledge (I don't know much about internals at all) and this thread seemed the best.

So here is the situation:

I'm wanting a Krytac for the collection. I like the Alpha SDP.

I'm in the UK but want to beef it up a bit. I believe it fires around 280fps out of the box here with .20g.

Firstly, was thinking of swapping the 20 motor for a high torque SHS.

Then using a 11.1 LiPo:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232139712267

Then a company who sells the gun recommended a Slong18:1 gear set (CNC parts), all steel cylinder and a Slong piston.

I asked them if we could put in a 150 spring to get some ridiculous fps but they point blank refused, saying the 150 spring needs 35A to be pulled and that the battery I showed only provides 20A constant, so.... 

Sadly I'm no electrician so don't understand it much.

Are they speaking the truth? The battery says 20-40... others have said they get constant 30 on 10 second discharges - I doubt I'd be using the gun in full auto for 10 second bursts! Never in fact.

Any experts on here can give me some advice? The gun is not intended for CQB games ever, just for awesome fun at home.

Thanks.

An M150 would make the gun illegal in the UK, not just hot, but ILLEGAL.... don't do it!
You will be fine on the standard motor with an 11.1v, no point changing it. Mine shot at around 330fps out the box and with hop added the fps went up slightly. 
Don't worry about mods until you have tried the standard gun.... they really need very little doing to them.

Have you looked at the rules regarding airsoft in the UK at all?

Single action rifles (like sniper rifles) are allowed upto 2.5j legally before it is classed as an air rifle, most sites however only allow upto 2.32j
AEGs are only allowed upto 1.3j legally before they are classed as a FIREARM although most sites only allow upto 1.14j

Converting an AEG to a firearm is a serious offence and carries a mandatory sentence of 5yrs iirc

I'd be ok with being shot once by a bolt action at that fps that was shooting outside of it's minimum engagement distance, but I'd be proper miffed at anyone who thought it ok to fire a 25rps gun full auto into me at that energy level at any range!

Maximum Velocity Limits BB Weight Single/Semi-Auto (2.5 Joules)

Full-Auto (1.3 Joules)

0.18 grams 547 fps 394 fps 0.20 grams 519 fps 374 fps 0.25 grams 464 fps 334 fps 0.30 grams 423 fps 305 fps 0.35 grams 392 fps 283 fps 0.40 grams 367 fps

265 fps

So this chart basically says (despite formatting error here)

That an AEG firing .20g BBs over 374fps is a "lethal" weapon

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that MANY airsoft guns shoot over 400fps with .20g BBs

So they are all LETHAL weapons now?

2 minutes ago, PT247 said:

I'd be ok with being shot once by a bolt action at that fps that was shooting outside of it's minimum engagement distance, but I'd be proper miffed at anyone who thought it ok to fire a 25rps gun full auto into me at that energy level at any range!

and if it was never shot at (or intended to be shot at) a person or animal...

Anyway.. you didn't write these laws.

And an AIR RIFLE (which no UKARA defense is needed for) is allowed to fire 16 Joules in the UK.

Just nonsense.

So... LAW ASIDE... can we keep the discussion "purely hypothetical" and just discuss motors and gears and currents etc!

Last I heard that was still legal, to DISCUSS ideas.

Thanks!

ok so you'd be happy someone shooting you with a 16j air rifle? :D I think not.
If you are not going to use it for airsoft, why not just get an air rifle? and "lethality" is not "fatal", different meanings especially in law! 🙂 

Back on topic (soz)
I ran a Krytac with an M150 spring, 11.1v LiPo and the USA spec Krytac motor (UK is 20k, USA is 30k) and a Orga WBB, it shot at roughly 345fps, the gun ran, but it would have eaten itself if I kept it that way.

ICS do the same with their AEG's.We get the Turbo 2500 motor instead of the Turbo 3000..

The reason for the motor change is to minimise motor over spin that courses 2 bbs being fired from 1 pull of the trigger on sub 400 fps rifles

Archived