Motor Change

callumbagshaw
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thats great but most people use the 7.4v lipo in the UK. I think the point you are missing is people dont like feeling that they are getting second best.

Like I said, we honestly didn't know. We always use 11.1v here in US so we assume 11.1v also common over UK. Remember that annoying warning sticker to advise using 7.4v was to tell people not to use 11.1v since the 1st batch does have 30k motor.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

I get that you know stuff and understand stuff and have tried stuff. Am not disputing that one bit but..... My gun runs great, Science may say it is a freak.... people may say it wont work.... but.... BUT.... it does. the only time any of my Krytacs failed was with a 20k motor and an M150 spring on a 11.1v LiPo. It runs fine at 350 fps with an 11.1v LiPo and a 30k motor.... what is hard to comprehend?

Whooaaa I am not doubting you or your gun for one split second

But imho it might be getting close depending on actual figures of rps n stuff

Somebody reading this may assume yup 11.1v is perfectly fine, slaps in a 40c one on say a weak 290fps out of the box - BOOM

but I never doubted you or gun or implied I didn't understand as you said or anything else on the matter

But yup you are right I delve into stuff way too much

And often say I still have lots to learn and I'm no expert either

But yup, I'll bow out n ease up on any science stuff perhaps as in general it is just same ol' same ol' stuff I spout over n over

Soz for scratched record is all I can say

Guest PT247

soz.... sounded like I was not agreeing with you. I disagree with Krytac, not you.... yes you add way more words than are needed but you don't use lies or crap. Don't take my experience as how stuff is that science has disproved.

• Supporters

Like I said, we honestly didn't know. We always use 11.1v here in US so we assume 11.1v also common over UK. Remember that annoying warning sticker to advise using 7.4v was to tell people not to use 11.1v since the 1st batch does have 30k motor.

But you do know now and yet you are still giving us the inferior motor.

As I have pointed out before to you I think Krytac have a great product but there is something fundamentally wrong with your whole sales philosophy towards the UK. Parts are a pain as there is a lot less support because you dont seem to have a main uk supplier who stocks everything. Try looking at Ics who have a main one stop shop in firesupport, others sell their stuff but firesupport has everything.

You are doing well but thats because of word of mouth and loyalty from the early adopters, your actual Uk advertising was crap. But you dont seem to actually do anything to keep that momentum going. Lazy attitude towards the UK Mk2 release date is one issue.

You know what got me the most though was I was one of the early adopters of your brand and told everyone how good they were. I bumped them on here a lot and a lot of forum members now own them and know about them because of me and a couple of others giving the brand props. But when I wanted a cerakote version your US office refused to sell me one as you wouldn't ship to UK or sort out sending one through your UK distributor.

It was like a great big f*ck you because I was not in the USA. I offered to cover extra costs but in the end ended using a remailer. Really put me off the brand.

I appreciate you coming on here but one lesson you need to learn is customer service in the UK is a big thing and we like to get even treatment and options.

Sort something on your UK customer service as at the moment it sucks.

I'm for changing the UK spec and we do wish things would have changed overnight. However, it is not possible when we have production schedule for multiple regions. UK isn't the only region outside of US. We also have to keep demand for Japan, EU and South America. Think of a revolving table. You'll just have to wait for your turn. As far as parts support, it's getting better. Our UK distributor is committed to order more supply.

I completely understand your frustration and you are correct things would have been planned better. That said, I'm here because I am genuinely looking into what we can do to improve. Getting feedback, answering questions and clearing some misconception. I welcome constructive criticism and I would appreciate if you can choose your words a bit more courteous. For the record, I'm sitting at home right now at 2:09am PST in the wee hours typing this reply. I could get a bit grumpy. Just saying...

• Supporters

I've no idea about krytac guns, but I feel like I should correct a common misconception that's been brought up in this thread.

The C rating of a battery relates only to its POTENTIAL output, not its actual output. An 11.1v 2000mAh 20C battery will put out 40A if required, an 11.1v 2000mAh 100C battery will put out 200A if required. An AEG motor is only really likely to pull 15-20A even at peak usage, so the C rating of a battery is entirely irrelevant providing it (in combination with the capacity of the battery) can provide enough amps to run the motor, any excess isn't going to fry your gun.

• Supporters

I've no idea about krytac guns, but I feel like I should correct a common misconception that's been brought up in this thread.

The C rating of a battery relates only to its POTENTIAL output, not its actual output. An 11.1v 2000mAh 20C battery will put out 40A if required, an 11.1v 2000mAh 100C battery will put out 200A if required. An AEG motor is only really likely to pull 15-20A even at peak usage, so the C rating of a battery is entirely irrelevant providing it (in combination with the capacity of the battery) can provide enough amps to run the motor, any excess isn't going to fry your gun.

burst rating can make a difference

you will notice response and a modest increase in rof if comparing 15c to say 40c+

in fact myself and others have noticed difference in 20c 25c & 30c batteries

a higher burst won't fry the gun but larger burst 11.1v's will deffo run a little faster and on 11.1v & 30k's possibly closer to PE than 15c

Burst rating does make a difference though I think 20c to 30c is what most use - myself mostly 25c lipo's

a 30c deffo noticed the difference and I don't think it was due to a different brand - both lipo's were of 2200mah but 30c had a bit more all round ooomph and a touch more overspin I noticed

won't fry the gun - especially as krytac has 3034, but - ooohhhh never mind same ol' same 'ol

• Supporters

I'm for changing the UK spec and we do wish things would have changed overnight. However, it is not possible when we have production schedule for multiple regions. UK isn't the only region outside of US. We also have to keep demand for Japan, EU and South America. Think of a revolving table. You'll just have to wait for your turn. As far as parts support, it's getting better. Our UK distributor is committed to order more supply.

I completely understand your frustration and you are correct things would have been planned better. That said, I'm here because I am genuinely looking into what we can do to improve. Getting feedback, answering questions and clearing some misconception. I welcome constructive criticism and I would appreciate if you can choose your words a bit more courteous. For the record, I'm sitting at home right now at 2:09am PST in the wee hours typing this reply. I could get a bit grumpy. Just saying...

Its Friday - end of crappy week for some

so think we all could get grumpy if truth be told

I gotta get out n play peew peew again this weekend to let off some steam in a friendly kill anything that moves airsoft way after a crap week

soz if I bore the f*ck out of all - just my outlet from ar$eholes at work - so you lot have to put up with this ar$ehole = moi :)

• Supporters

I dont think anyone has been particularly uncourteous. If you want to get grumpy with people go ahead just remember its not the customers job to keep a company happy its the other way round.

As for that round table comment that was a badly worded bit of PR never tell customers they have to wait their turn.

I don't hold Krytac solely to blame but maybe you need better distribution and representation on foreign soil.

• Supporters

Go easy Trigger or we will get 10k motors in next batch :D

just kidding I see it was perhaps a move that sounded practical in principle

but with small stock for battery most in UK would likely use a 7.4v anyway and thus a 30k would of been fine for most peeps

we are all still learning - me included, right now I've learnt I need to get some kip before I fall face first into the keyboard

Zzzzzzz BANG - ouch & 1,000 profanities etc.....

I dont think anyone has been particularly uncourteous. If you want to get grumpy with people go ahead just remember its not the customers job to keep a company happy its the other way round.

As for that round table comment that was a badly worded bit of PR never tell customers they have to wait their turn.

I don't hold Krytac solely to blame but maybe you need better distribution and representation on foreign soil.

Well here is the thing. I'm not PR and I am not here to give pretty excuses. Production schedule is currently maxed out. It is what it is. As for finding better distributor and representation is something not easily change because there is a contract and amoung other requirements which I won't bore you with details. Our job is to resolve the issues at hand. It's learning curve for them and a learning curve for us as well. I will tell you 6 months ago I have no direct contact with them when the decision was made from executive level. Now, I have frequent communication with UK distributor and helping them to provide better support to our UK customer. Don't take my words. Just check Krytac forum recent posts or Krytac 6mm AS Replica FB page.

• Supporters

Well here is the thing. I'm not PR and I am not here to give pretty excuses. Production schedule is currently maxed out. It is what it is. As for finding better distributor and representation is something not easily change because there is a contract and amount other requirements which I won't bore you with details. Our job is to resolve the issues at hand. It's learning curve for them and a learning curve for us as well. I will tell you 6 months ago I have no direct contact with them when the decision was made from executive level. Now, I have frequent communication with UK distributor and helping them to provide better support to our UK customer. Don't take my words. Just check Krytac forum recent posts or Krytac 6mm AS Replica FB page.

Thats a good to hear but there is an old saying "proof is in the pudding".

When is the mk2 uk release date?

• Supporters

This is a ridiculous reply, he's given you the reason things are slow moving and confirmed that things will change. What would you have preferred? A stock "we're working on it" answer which gives no details or reason for the delays?

Airsoft is not a big business, krytac are not a big company! If their production capacity is maxed out then there's really nothing more they can do.

You'll just have to wait your turn!

• Supporters

This is a ridiculous reply, he's given you the reason things are slow moving and confirmed that things will change. What would you have preferred? A stock "we're working on it" answer which gives no details or reason for the delays?

Airsoft is not a big business, krytac are not a big company! If their production capacity is maxed out then there's really nothing more they can do.

Its not a ridiculous reply at all. Yes everyone understands how it is but no company ever tells its customers that you have to wait your turn its just not good customer relations. If the company I work for responded to a customer like that then they would just go find other people to manufacture what they need.

Understandable concept badly worded answer was my point.

Guest PT247

but with small stock for battery most in UK would likely use a 7.4v anyway and thus a 30k would of been fine for most peeps

The small stock is cool as hell but I couldn't fit a decent 11.1v in it so have mated my SPR lower with my PDW upper to allow for decent battery choice.

DSC_0294_zpsev2wisey.jpg

In fairness speaking, I was blunt with the reply and I was miffed with some of the word was used. Perhaps I should have wrote "please be patience with us." and leave it as is. It was written at 2am afterall.
Also, just want to make a correction that Krytac isn't a company. It's brand under KRISS USA / KRISS Group. It's a bit complicated to explain all the inner works of the company. But airsoft isn't our primary business. We just have to be more efficient with the resource that is given to us.

• Supporters

In fairness speaking, I was blunt with the reply and I was miffed with some of the word was used. Perhaps I should have wrote "please be patience with us." and leave it as is. It was written at 2am afterall.

Also, just want to make a correction that Krytac isn't a company. It's brand under KRISS USA / KRISS Group. It's a bit complicated to explain all the inner works of the company. But airsoft isn't our primary business. We just have to be more efficient with the resource that is given to us.

Its good you were blunt I respect that but still stand by my opinion. Keep making good toys and smooth out your customer service and all will be good.

Guest PT247

AEGs to me are like sports equipment, you want stuff that works and gives you an edge over others. Am not interested in them looking like a real steel gun, but to just be very practical, usable and small. Is why I don't bother with the silencer on my vsr. Exception to the rule is my mk23 which has a vsr barrel hidden in the silencer so is less practical but each mag will shoot almost 100 shots to a gas fill so grabs some points back there! :D

Guest PT247

My KC-02 has the advantage of looking beautiful and being dinky.... but seeing as some sites won't allow an M4 DMR the KC should not be allowed either on their mentality as a .22 would never have the stopping power in real steel.

• Supporters

AEGs to me are like sports equipment, you want stuff that works and gives you an edge over others. Am not interested in them looking like a real steel gun, but to just be very practical, usable and small. Is why I don't bother with the silencer on my vsr. Exception to the rule is my mk23 which has a vsr barrel hidden in the silencer so is less practical but each mag will shoot almost 100 shots to a gas fill so grabs some points back there! :D

Yes, I know the reasons, I just don't like them. :)

Otherwise we will soon look like this:

5885152_paintball2.jpg

And that's why I don't like most of Krytac either.

• Supporters

Yes, I know the reasons, I just don't like them. :)

Otherwise we will soon look like this:

5885152_paintball2.jpg

And that's why I don't like most of Krytac either.

Bit of a stretch from that to krytac and remember there is a rs krytac now. Realism is ok to a point but I agree with PT247 functionality is the main goal. At the end of the day its make believe but always remember "while pretend is fun delusional is a mental illness".☺

Archived