Airsoft game days..why all the same.

ghostwalker
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Now I know this could be a local thing. But I was wondering why nearly all if not all the local sites seem to run on the same weekend

Locally we have combat airsoft at thetford who are the only mould breaker with games most weeks.

Then we have combat action games, skirmish airsoft, battleground, battle stations airsoft. All seem to choose to run alternate Sunday's, which would be fine. But they all run on the same Sunday's as each other.

Surely it would be better for business and for the airsoft community to have the sites that run alternate weeks not to try and clash. Thus giving players a chance to get games in on any given weekend and have the chance to explore the various sites as well as their regular ones.

Just my two penne th of thoughts. Are the local skirmish sites the same where you guys are?

And yes...minor rant as I'm one of those unfortunates who can only go fortnightly and it's the one that everyone closes on grrr lol

• Supporters

And yes...minor rant as I'm one of those unfortunates who can only go fortnightly and it's the one that everyone closes on grrr lol

Think yourself lucky, plenty of us only get to go once a month - if that!

I went 2 months without playing airsoft once..

It's been a month and looking like another before I get to go again mos.

Thetford runs most weeks but is also a long ol slog from where I live :(

The point about the fortnightly alternate weekends. Is that they all run the same weekend and it's the one I can't go on lol. Only wish it was my 'free' weekend instead

Ground permissions? Maybe they share with a paintball site or another sort of event? Like they could have a Field Target club/shooting on the alternative Sunday

Just coming from a business principle here, but they could both be hoping to burn the other site out with competition. If one isn't getting sustainable numbers, the other will look to gain them if the failing site closes, and they get the numbers from it... could be due to bad blood between parties.

There are a number of factors that could lead to it, which you won't know without asking the organisers. Have you asked your organisers or raised it with them to see what their thoughts are on it? Only they know the answers

Why air TV shows at the same time, if your audience is limited, is it not better to compete than for one party to get more than the other i they were not at the same time? It's just good business but it's bad for the consumers.

1 of the sites I go Apocalypse in Kent are every weekend and some week nights I believe, The other Wasteland airsoft every other sunday, I've only been once to Wasteland but will defo's go back again. at least I got a bit of variety and can go when I want, even though Apocalypse is an hour drive.

• Moderators

I can only go Sunday's so I have limits now, would love to go back to Urban, but it runs Saturday's, every 2 weeks why can't they run Sunday's 😀😀😀

As lozart said, your lucky 😀😀😀

Anyway some guys run other sites, like Gunman, and also have lives outside of work, so have to split there time between them🙂

Enjoy it while you can, if can get harder as you move along the road if life!!

Archived