My summer loadout

Jason8
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just thought I'd post up my summer load out. I'm a brand new player so probably will have overlooked some things. My primary criteria is light and cool. I'm overweight, I'm an ex smoker and I hate (and I mean hate) the heat and sun. It will even stop me going outside, so I have to travel light. Hense the minimal battle belt and yolk approach.

Mostly Viper kit ( I really like it) with a few additions. I have modified the camel back to form the brace for the yolk which turned out quite well. Dont bash me too hard for the flashbank ok, I know its cheesey I just love tge look of it 😄Any pointers or comments are all welcome, thanks.post-13011-0-95098700-1463211813_thumb.jpgpost-13011-0-69601500-1463211829_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

Looks fine, the biggest issue I can see is if you play a lot of woodland your legs are going to get absolutely wrecked by stuff like brambles and stinging nettles. I guess it depends on how much this would bother you, but I quite often come back covered in scratches and that's wearing trousers.

• Head Moderator

I would keep the Camelbak because hydration is important, you need to keep getting fluids in to replace the loss through sweating. The Camelbak is not heavy and at least means you can drink when you want / need to instead of going back to a respawn or safe zone. It is all personal preference, site dependant, and what works best for you as a player.

Just remember to apply sunscreen and/or insect repellent to all that exposed skin B) .

• Supporters

Practical, keeps you cool during the hot weather and looks fantastic. Personally, I'd just use a belt with minimal pouches and a camelback, just because the heat from your body will escape a lot faster as there's more space for it to escape which is what people don't think about when they rock up to a game wearing a thick fleece, fully body molle vest, hat and gloves.

• Supporters

If your concern genuinely is being lightweight you'd be well served to ditch the rubber knife/scabbard and fake flashbang because that is just unnecessary bulk and weight; then use some elastic to secure the end of your hydro tube in a position closer to your actual mouth.

The yolk looks loose so may want to look at adjusting it slightly to better distribute the weight and then roll up and stow those loose straps with the provided loops that are currently sat there unused. If you don't want to use the waist string on the shorts then just pull it through and take it out entirely; pretty redundant feature anyway. I'd recommend using that leg strap on the holster, but if you really are adverse to it then just get rid some way or other.

I'd certainly tend to agree on trousers vs shorts, but you'll find out which way you prefer once you get them in game. Probably could've gotten an issued UBACS for less than that Viper and it'd be a bit better quality with materials more suited to breathability and wicking sweat, but obviously I don't know what you paid.

The belt setup is generally a good move though and having the hydro with you is definitely a smart move.

Thanks a lot for the feedback chaps.

To retort to a few of the issues:

I may succumb to trousers but for the summer I really want the shorts to work. Yes I get it about cuts n' bruises etc but hey, I'm a Carp angler so I'm kind of used to it.

The camel is an absolute must for me and was a primary consideration in the design of the rig.

The rubber knife is also the bayonet for my future weapon acquisition, also I think it looks dead cool hanging on the webbing. Gives me that 'Platoon feel' :D

I may relinquish on the flashabang, a big part of airsoft for me is it's authenticity and you wouldn't find that kind of detail in paintball. I am a bit of a sucker for toys at the end of the day.

Herr Kinnerley :D Yes you're right it is loose at the moment. I'm still finalising webbing straps, tubing etc etc but first I have to address the bladder suspension in the camel before I can get to doing those.

Likewise I shall use the leg straps they were just superfluous to the purpose of the photos at the time. Apart from that I still have no M92 to put in it.. YET ;)

Also you're so right abot the shirt, I didn't realise I could get the same shirt surplus. Had I of known I definitely wouldn't have paid for a Viper on, but you live & learn hey?

Mr Cheesright, thanks for putting me right on that..

Danke.

• Supporters

Use a belt, lose the camelback. There is an other way to carry water, modern "soldiers" always forget: a canteen. :) The water in the camelback will go warm and the camelback will keep you warm too. I'm guessing you won't go to milsims in shorts and skirmish rounds last an hour max. An 1L canteen is perfectly enough.

Archived