DOOM (2016)

Jason8
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Being a veteran of the series it was of course a must try..

Glad I didn't buy it, what a monumentail pile of toss. This is nothing more than halo reimagined.

Anyone else?

I have to say I'm enjoying it too, add in some loud heavy metal music and whisky, makes for an entertaining night lol

I have to say I'm enjoying it too, add in some loud heavy metal music and whisky, makes for an entertaining night lol

Absolutely, may I recommend invaders from the Number of the Beast and a large slug of fire Jack D.

Sooo, the games been completed now......

Overall verdict is that it's alright, worth the £42..........probably not.

Story is non existent, however the classic run and gun game play is pretty fun as are the glory kills and soundtrack. Multiplayer is pretty much like halo.

• Supporters

OK...I'm a bit confused by people's reactions to this (I've not played it yet).

It's basically the original Doom, "re-imagined" so mental, endless blasting of bad guys with no discernible storyline only with shiny graphics and volumetric lighting....right? So why all the butthurt about it not being anything more than an absolutely classic game given a bit of HD rose tinted glasses treatment?

Online is fun..though servers are a bit scetchy at times..still think i'll be going for overwatch & just steal my brothers doom copy XD

Archived