On Site Chronoing

GeneralKimbo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

6: Each gun to be chrono'd must have its Hop Up set to the lowest setting.

Nope.

I spend a lot of time tuning the hopup even on my AEG. Not to mention that the bolties with VSR rubber don't even work with the hopup all the way down. The BB just rolls out. And as said, you will have way different output energy on different hopup settings. We should chrono with the gun set up as we are going to use it.

But.

There will never be capacity to do the perfect chronoing on a field (and have time to play too) so there will always be some trust needed. How much, depends on the site owners. If there has never been a problem and the players are not moaning, then most likely there are no fps cheaters. And players will start moaning as soon as there is something off.

I have been to sites where no chronoing was mandatory and there were zero problems and sites where every gun was chronoed and marked, but there were cheaters.

Nope.

I spend a lot of time tuning the hopup even on my AEG.

One of the reasons we shifted to using customer's ammo weights. Can you really expect someone to dial a PDI hop off for chrono and have it reset in time for the game?

Add joule creep to the mix and it makes so much more sense not to doggedly use a 0.2 for everything.

We made a chart up which gives the max fps for each BB weight at each of the three limits we use which stays with the chrono.

Check weight, check hop is set correctly with a couple of test shots down range, check fps, check it's within the limit on the chart. Simple.

Quite possibly the most painful hit I've ever taken was from a gun I know was running under 1 joule at about 20 metres away. The guy wasn't using anything heavier than a 0.25g but it hit me square on my skull and made an amazing crack sound. Luckily I have a very thick skull...

Archived