Less pain load out

coolhandrob
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I like airsoft but am not a pain person. I would like to know if there is a load out (sorry if I'm using that term wrong) to make things better in that regard. I want to invest in one of the airsoft gas masks that I've seen and be covered head to toe.

1)Can I do that and will it work?

2)If yes, how do I play without being a million degrees?

Full face mask is a good idea, especially if you want to keep your face looking pretty. But I wouldn't go for a Gas Mask.

The respirator side is usually pretty useless - and unnecessary too.

You'll find you'll be absolutely BAKING in one after a few mins.

I tried an S10 in CQB for the "SAS look" and it lasted about 5mins.

A lightweight, loose fitting jacket will take the worst of the sting away from the hits.

Any vest/carrier set up will likely have all your mags on your front so that's covered. Unless your planning to get shot in the back running away...?

In CQB I wear jeans to lessen the hits too.

I'm not the most masculine, eat cordite for breakfast, kind of guy...but for the most part getting shot doesn't hurt that much. (I know, pain is relative...blah blah). Ive had some stingers that made me swear a bit, but generally the adrenaline and the flappy clothing takes a lot of it out. You'll tend to hear the hits as much as you feel them.

Just be sure to protect the worst parts. Face, fingertips and ears.

If you layer up too much you'll overheat and regret it.

• Supporters

Take up laser tag. Did it at warfighters a few years back.

No pain, real looking guns, less cheating.

The lack of pain and recoil/feed back from the gun does take a bit away from the fun though!

Yeah but the "eeerrrgg" noise the box makes when you die is HILARIOUS!

Hi, I like airsoft but am not a pain person. I would like to know if there is a load out (sorry if I'm using that term wrong) to make things better in that regard. I want to invest in one of the airsoft gas masks that I've seen and be covered head to toe.

1)Can I do that and will it work?

2)If yes, how do I play without being a million degrees?

Caution - some of those airsoft gas masks are not actually up to standards and are dangerous (see First and Only's demo vid) - https://www.facebook.com/202303906505110/videos/979676025434557/

If it's mainly your head you are worried about, Paintball masks from reputable manufacturers will do the full head if you need: http://www.justpaintball.co.uk/jt-elite-headshield-black.html?fee=1&fep=159&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_shopping&gclid=Cj0KEQjw3-W5BRCymr_7r7SFt8cBEiQAsLtM8pjI49UZbk0vPyHNkb_re5PXDrqAHzL8whR4h8Yb4tcaAiJF8P8HAQ

I'd need to know more about which bits precisely you don't want to feel the pain on before I could advise more.

Archived