Less pain load out

coolhandrob
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I like airsoft but am not a pain person. I would like to know if there is a load out (sorry if I'm using that term wrong) to make things better in that regard. I want to invest in one of the airsoft gas masks that I've seen and be covered head to toe.

1)Can I do that and will it work?

2)If yes, how do I play without being a million degrees?

wear a plate carrier and some kind of soft shell jacket. Obvious good gloves and a facemask. its pretty obvious really, don't go out wearing full hockey armor (i have actually seen that before) if you don't get hit on bare skin its really not that bad.

• Supporters

Gas masks are pointless for airsoft. So is covering yourself up head to toe with thick gear, sure you'll hear the BB's smacking off your gear when someone shoots you, but when you're 'in the zone' you won't even notice it.

In short, don't be a puss :P

Hi, I like airsoft but am not a pain person. I would like to know if there is a load out (sorry if I'm using that term wrong) to make things better in that regard. I want to invest in one of the airsoft gas masks that I've seen and be covered head to toe.

1) Paintballers manage

2) Join a Gym.

• Head Moderator

Wear a couple of layers of clothing to protect bare skin and absorb some impact. A full face mask, i.e. Dye i4 will give good eye and face protection and is much less restrictive than a respirator (gas mask). Gloves are good because hand/finger hits do sting. A FAST helmet or similar will stop painful head shots and knocks; during my last skirmish I tripped backwards over a locker in a dark room and bounced my head off the wall, without the helmet it could have been a serious injury instead of just getting a headache.

But you do need to feel the hits.

• Moderators

The Psin as I tell people at work lasts a few mins or less,

Wear comfy clothes, fairly loose and a PC or chest rig if you want, chances are though you will get hit under the arm of where it's not covered or you hand when you put it up when hit, just don't worry about it, it will be over before you know it 😀

Just enjoy it and don't worry, treading or kneeling on my sons Lego hurts more !!!

Guest PT247

airsoft only hurts if you are not getting involved :-) Adrenalin takes over once in the thick of it mate! :-)

• Root Admin

A slightly serious answer: Just thick clothes. A hoodie and baggier, thicker trousers helps. Gloves too and a lower mesh mask to go with your goggles to drop lip hits and the like. You're going to get hot - this is practically unavoidable.

In a good game once the adrenaline kicks in you feel next to nothing unless it hits a knuckle or earlobe anyway so hey.

The only places that really hurt are the face the neck and the back of your legs. So wear full face pro. Don't put your back to the enemy.

• Supporters

You wear a lot of layers and stuff = you get really fckin hot. You play 1 game in the height of summer while armoured up or in multiple thick layers you'll hate your life in short order; even with a small, light carrier/chest rig with plenty of spacer mesh and a combat shirt you still sweat buckets when it's anything over 20 if you're running around.

I don't know anyone personally who's "a pain person" (well.. not that I can discuss publicly) but that's airsoft. Basically no matter how you pad up BBs will find their way through to hit you somewhere painful, but that's all it ever really is, something that stings a bit for about 10 seconds tops. You step on to the field, that's how it is, you'll never realistically get through a day without ever getting tagged.

Take up laser tag. Did it at warfighters a few years back.

No pain, real looking guns, less cheating.

The lack of pain and recoil/feed back from the gun does take a bit away from the fun though!

One of the guys at Bristol Airsoft once war bubble wrap under his clothes so you could try that I guess. The downside is you will look like a twat and everyone will want to shoot you because you make a great popping sound every time you get hit :)

• Supporters

Eye-pro & naked airsoft

ergh no thanks - but hey people will feel their hits

casual player:

Summer - Shirt and jeans - saw a guy wearing shorts - hmmm I had a couple of stingers at 4ft last week though my jeans - yup I'll skip shorts

besides my legs are like the rest of me - not in the best shape

Winter - just another layer sweatshirt/hoodie

as said bit of adrenalin reduces ouch factor and if running round you don't want loads of layers

bit of pain is just part of life - or stay playing COD

Archived