Ares Octarms

asbo1991
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has anyone had any experience of these struggling to find honest reviews most are giving the guns all good reviews but wanted an owners view of this gun?

• Root Admin

Ares aren't cheap and externally they compete with G&P and others, but internally they've always been pretty bad. Lately they've been improving though so it'd be interesting to see some opinions on this.

• Supporters

Meaning?

The finish is nice, but the metal feels a bit brittle. It will handle normal airsoft abuse, though. On a G&P receiver it sits a few millimetres away from the receiver when fitted properly, but I'm not too fussed.

Brilliant thanks guys will give it a miss then can't justify paying over £300 for a gun that's just ok will get a Krytac payday

• Supporters

I highly rate my ares Vz.58

I honestly believe ares has changed and there newer guns no longer deserves the poor internal reputation of older ones

• Supporters

Newer amobeas are pretty solid, certainly no worse than other manufacturers

same for the VZ 58 and Octarms, they're all the same inside.

quite like the G36s with the burst function

or any of the other EFCS stuff

They don't build 'em like they used to, which in this case is a good thing!

Well this is now changing my opinion, what length would you guys recommend

• Supporters

Well this is now changing my opinion, what length would you guys recommend

Oh, I was talking about their rail system not the gun. Their newer guns are very nice.

The shortest you can get away with.

how comes, i was looking at the 9 inch thinking best of best worlds and can add a extension if needed

I've got the Amoeba KM12. New this year. £350 from patrol base. No problems. Loud gun! 7.4 lipo is good. Well made. Was shooting 290 fps with .25 blasters. Just had a Madbull 110 spring fitted. Now shooting 320 fps on .25g. Very accurate, hits hard and the range is brilliant. A lot of people comment on how nice the gun cracks, no silly gearbox or motor whine...

Any more details mate by all means message me 👍🏼

post-12973-0-82412900-1463331786_thumb.jpg

Guest PT247

how comes, i was looking at the 9 inch thinking best of best worlds and can add a extension if needed

you don't need a long barrel in airsoft, makes no real difference, just extra weight and size which is a negative.

I've got the Amoeba KM12. New this year. £350 from patrol base. No problems. Loud gun! 7.4 lipo is good. Well made. Was shooting 290 fps with .25 blasters. Just had a Madbull 110 spring fitted. Now shooting 320 fps on .25g. Very accurate, hits hard and the range is brilliant. A lot of people comment on how nice the gun cracks, no silly gearbox or motor whine...

Any more details mate by all means message me

What sites let you use that, 320 fps with .25 is more than 1.14J ([email protected])? Is it a DMR?

EDIT:

320 @ .25 is about 358 with .20

I highly rate my ares Vz.58

I honestly believe ares has changed and there newer guns no longer deserves the poor internal reputation of older ones

You made a custom dust cover for bigger batteries didnt you? I'm looking at the Ares Vz.58 actually, looks nice.

• Supporters

You made a custom dust cover for bigger batteries didnt you? I'm looking at the Ares Vz.58 actually, looks nice.

Sure did, I can easily get a 1200mah 11.1v lipo in there :)

• Supporters

What sites let you use that, 320 fps with .25 is more than 1.14J ([email protected])? Is it a DMR?

EDIT:

320 @ .25 is about 258 with .20

you mean 358

yeah it is aprox 35 to 40fps drop aprox on 0.20 figure when using 0.25's....

so it could be a bit over which some sites might allow at a high end squeeze but don't go nutz

but over a couple of months that figure may decrease slightly as spring beds in etc....

a smidge hot on 350fps but in terms 8fps is about 2.5% hot

another chrono may report 349.9999fps, variations in chrono/bb/gun can place that figure ranging from 348-358fps

still hot but only a little....

I'd still be ok playing against people up to 10fps above site guideline limit like Mall say 330 or 340 absolute max

Sure did, I can easily get a 1200mah 11.1v lipo in there :)

Mind if I PM you with some question, really tempted to purchase one if I can get it cheap enough with all the bits

My site runs runs a 368 fps on .20g, around 325 on .25g maximum. equates to the same roughly so no it's not a DMR. Full auto site.

My site runs runs a 368 fps on .20g, around 325 on .25g maximum. equates to the same roughly so no it's not a DMR. Full auto site.

Sweet, as long as it's allowed, doesn't really matter what it is. :)

So just to be a little different and the fact a TM416 is out of budget, I will give the 9" barrel ago unless Gary you really recommend the 12"?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry mate for the delay, I've been away, I couldn't advise on length, I just don't like using short guns. The km12 isn't very long though. If your doing cqb then 9 would be spot on.

Archived