HPA breacher

AngelGrinder
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Bought my breacher last week, and ordered a TM valve from beesting. Unfortunately when I actually looked, the fill valve is on the top of the gas Mag, so not an easy swap.

I've seen people attach a fitting inside the gun, but it's a permanent mod, I'd rather tap a spare gas Mag and have it swappable.

So my question is...does anyone know what tap I will need for a TM valve?

Guest PT247

If you are tapping the mag I'd fit a 1/8th npt connector for hpa rather than use a tiny diameter fill valve style one.

• Root Admin

Send it off and have the base of it tapped properly with a 1/8 NPT like PT247 says. Reaper Airsoft Customs will do it for you.

Beesting also sell taps if you know how - plenty of videos on how to properly thread tap if you feel up for it.

Presumably you could create your own vessel to go between the hose and the magazine release valve? It wouldnt need to be the same shape as the gas mag (as long as it docks correctly), though you'd need to rubberise it to reduce rattle. If you wanted to make a temporary modification (Though I can't see how you avoid drilling the butt pad).

• Root Admin

What 'hose'? I mean you could directly tap but that makes no sense other than you'll avoid a single set of seals that need to be maintained - having a nice big expansion chamber in the magazine is good for consistency anyway.

What 'hose'? I mean you could directly tap but that makes no sense other than you'll avoid a single set of seals that need to be maintained - having a nice big expansion chamber in the magazine is good for consistency anyway.

Hose/line is not interchangeable?

• Root Admin

Ok, what line then (if it matters)? Do you mean the internal line? I don't think the breacher has one - the tactical one does. Even then it's a proprietary size (not the usual 4 or 6mm) so finding a push fitting to fit that would be hard. Oh and you'd likely have to route out of the top of the gun to avoid the top of the magwell stuff. The only other option is directly tapping where the reservoir meets the valve knocker, but that's a pretty irreversible modification.

Plenty of people tap the bottom of the reservoir though; a 1/8 NPT gives far better airflow anyway. People wonder why their GBBRs sometimes chug on a valve tap and forget that they're running all that air though a 2mm gap where the fill valve used to be. The 870 has a pretty big internal expansion chamber (i.e. not the magazine), and people with cheap regulators can struggle if they're firing really quickly. Those things are made on the presence that you'll be using green gas, so they can get through a lot of air.

• Root Admin

Ok, I think I know what you mean now. Thing is, you're never ever going to be able to build an expansion chamber cheaper than just buying and tapping a second magazine. And like I say, having that extra room for the air to sit in closer to the valve is good for performance anyway.

Alyan tried to do that with the WA and WE systems and they're poop.

Archived