G&G vs Krytac

LucaGiorgio
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking to get rid of my CM.039c due to it being far to heavy, bulky and long. Its not a great gun for a guy of my size 5'8 with a small light frame. Sounds sad but all the weight is holding me down I feel. Plus I want something more higher end.

I am stuck between two brands and two rifles. Option one is the Krytac Trident MK2 CRB. Option 2 is the G&G GC16 Wildhog 9'. Both weigh roughly the same at around 2.5kg opposed to my current CM.039 sitting at over 3.8kg. Both much shorter at around 700mm compared to the CM.039c at 950mm.

I play pretty much village operations and also woodland a lot. so medium range is a need and high rate of fire would be awesome. I don't intend to upgrade, I want an out the box amazing wepon.

I am open to opinion for other brands too please post other options too! :D Budget under £400

Cheers

Luca

Krytac of the two choices.

Its a nice compact rifle although I like my stock out a few notches.

It has a much better quality feel than the G&G mentioned.

@BAZJJ thanks for the info dude, do you have any idea how accurate they are? Also where can I pre-order one it seems its not due to release till 'summer 2016'

Cant quantify the accuracy but seemed reasonable with the hop adjusted.

The hop has a numbered dial which is an improvement on GG.

Ive got the Mk1 but try Pro Airsoft Supplies. Watch the FPS as they come out of there a bit low - around 310fps.

Given a choice I would go back and pay the difference for a krytac instead of my g&g predator without hesitation.

If you can afford the krytac, get it and be a happy softer.

if you're asking for opinions not facts: KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC KRYTAC!!!!

I have no doubt that the facts suggest the guns are close in comparison but you really can't beat a Krytac out of the box.... in my opinion.

Having used 2 G&G guns and a Krytac no doubt in my mind you buy the Krytac. Externals will be far superior as will be the internals, it'll shoot a lot better and last longer. No competition they don't compete at the same level at all. G&G is good for budget guns, their expensive ones are overpriced.

As an owner of a Krytac PDW (30k motor version) and having owned numerous G&G's. It really is worth spending the money and getting the Krytac, quality of parts is good in both guns, but Krytac just seem to have thought about things better, spent a bit more time with the assembly and the hop, overall making a decent gun out of the box.

• Supporters

When Krytac launch their slightly cheaper range - don't know exact pricing but maybe £275 or just under....

I can't see how other makers can continue to churn out just slightly better starter guns with metal receivers

but yet demand £100+ for the receiver really....

Details are still unclear on pricing of new Krytac's coming out soon

but it "seems" they are making small improvements to the main range

and the classic tried n tested internal stuff - no release on spring/AR but still fetted and built well - this stuff is going in the slightly cheaper range

So you could almost say Krytac's of 6 months ago may see a slight drop (not quite exact same models but spec wise I'm talking about)

& the regular stuff @ £350 gets a few tweaks on top

The release system is another example of how a manufacturer is not standing still or redressing up same ol' same ol'

G&G mosfets are at best lame, G&G know that but still their electronics suck as they obviously try to cut corners

G&G's starters have risen slightly too - Raider is now £132 from £123 - £9 ain't much and they have been £123 for a couple of years +

But all the same by the summer the gap between Krytac & G&G mid range guns will likely narrow price wise

£275 is just my guess after duty & retailer markup - it might be near £250 depending on £ to $ rate by then

At £250 to £275 a Krytac with its sensible well thought out features, better components assembled properly, the basic 3034 mosfet is still one of the best basic mosfets you can get cleverly installed into box so only 2 wires feed back to battery no fet module to try and poke around getting stock tube off etc...

Nice hop unit that works well - no hop unit upgrade needed so don't bother getting prowin just normal bucking experimenting when it really shows signs of wear, fancy bolty catch - they seem to now use decent pistol grips at last - see they do listen and improve their products....

Quick change spring - currently box removal but no need to open it up to swap springs

could go on but their are a few reviews of these guns on you tube and they are very hard to fault out of the box

Certainly no need to mess with stuff so they really are the answer to anybody looking to move up to the next level

I'd go so far as to say it is nearly like jumping two levels if you compare against the usual G&G intermediate or even Top Tech stuff

No I don't work for either company, do not get brownie points or anything

I slate what I think is crap, point out flaws imho and give credit where credit is due that is all

Krytac ain't perfect - nothing in life ever is, but for around £300 - simply put they are probably the best you are gonna get for your money out of the box

That is the honest bare bone facts - no bull$hit straight facts & why we rate them so much over other guns

Yes G&G M4 starters - but after that = Krytac is easily leading the way

Krytac

like asking BMW or Ford Ghia tbh

This man speaks sense, Krytac all the way! The internals and externals are far better. I have a Krytac PDW and love it! My mate has the CRB and also loves it. The Krytac range are all the same in terms of internals with just different length barrels for each variant.

Get in touch with Shield as they are the UK distributor and they have helped me in the past when I have had queries.

• Supporters

CRB's are 280 already

Really - seen them for £295 but not £280

still I gotta stop buying or even looking atm

and SDP's are £250 - wow, not my cuppa tea but if looking for good base to rip and adapt to your own bespoke gun is an option

but ballpark guide of £300-£350 is a rough go to guide

so yeah hopefully a good Alpha should easily/hopefully come in @ £250 perhaps = byebye G&G

• Supporters

as with everything, they will adapt and innovate in some way to keep up

G&G have already tried to innovate and adapt and all they have done is made their guns worse.

G&G need a whole product philosophy change and that won't happen until sales start fall badly.

• Supporters

as with everything, they will adapt and innovate in some way to keep up

They are losing ground slowly or bit by bit by not keeping up or listening to customers or market demands

(bit like my company I work or soon used to work for but that is another story/moan)

Yes G&G will still churn out the most M4's thanks to Starter Guns like Combat Machines

But sooner or later in the present state they are building the next step of guns....

Anybody who does a tiny bit of research will learn these £250 + G&G's are not perhaps bang for ya buck

Uneducated or foolish consumers - think there are loads and all of us have made a purchase or two that wasn't perhaps the best purchase

But all the same - Krytac and maybe some others are making gains in this area

All G&G offer are new innovations that lately have not been the most well thought or reliable innovations like I have said before:

HC05 DSG FireHawk - but no semi - uhmm ergh yeah great idea for a cqb weapon - not

ETU guns, works with 7.4v lipo - ergh no it don't, ok 9.6v is what is recommended - ergh 'old up maybe 11.1v but not too mad on the juice

uhm ergh yeah maybe after f*ck know how many possible qwirky guns G&G might admit "some" units may be faulty or picky

which loosely translates into - once again our super duper electronics suck balls big time

MARS - uhm ergh you really think any of that stuff is gonna work even half as good as proper tried n tested old school stuff

and based on your recent innovation crap - ergh I'd do a LOT of thorough stress testing before you think of flogging more crap upon consumers

Ahhh but a lot of it is a super duper innovative modular system for quick change spring/motor.....

So basically what may mean - if I want to change stuff I gotta mainly stick with lame ar$e overpriced G&G stuff which lets be honest is not as sound as most SHS stuff let alone highly priced Siegtek stuff

Yeah G&G - you got a LOT of catching up to do in the med/higher end market coz current stuff is being shown up more n more

The snazzy designs or range of guns is only going to get you so far and then people start looking at exactly what they are getting out of £300 say

hey but Combat Machines are brilliant - you got that bang on - well etu ergh uhm still not sure if it is for everybody but very nice range of starters

G&G have already tried to innovate and adapt and all they have done is made their guns worse.

G&G need a whole product philosophy change and that won't happen until sales start fall badly.

well yeah exactly what the man said but as per usual I get carried away wearing out my keyboards again

To be honest - I think I'm done on all this Krytac praising and G&G bashing

We all know the score on here and many other forums probably

if G&G up their game - hope so coz it is best for all if this improve for consumers

but end of the day I think this post is just going over n over what most of us already know

fingers crossed ALL manufacturers keep on improving stuff so we get better and more reliable toy guns

I want Tonka to make AEG's coz gimme 30 mins or so I'll break it I'm sure :)

• Supporters

After having read most of the posts on this thread mostly in favour of Krytac over G&G I thought i would inject some of my experience comparing two AR-15 (M4) platforms between both the manufacturers.

I own or have owned the following:

A G&G TR4-18 Light in Tan, cost me £317 from Landwarrior Airsoft

A Krytac Trident CRB, cost me £300 from Pro Airsoft Supplies

The G&G TR4-18 (herein the 416) is basically G&Gs take on a short carbine HK 416, it came with a MOSFET installed, fired around 16RPS at around 370FPS on .20g BBs

The Krytac Trident CRB (herein called the CRB) is basically a simple M4 short carbine take made by Krytac, it came with a built in MOSFET attached to their Nautilus Gearbox and fired around 16RPS at about 310FPS.

Having owned at the same time and operated both at various skirmish sites i noticed the difference between the two:

The CRB had a plastic flash hider glued to the front end that when i removed i basically destroyed, the G&G had a metal one

The RIS/RAS front handrail for both was well made, the CRBs one felt light which was good but the G&Gs one being old style picatinny was bulky feeling.

The CRB felt really light and even though was a full metal receiver it never felt like it was made from the same quality of metal the 416 was made from as that felt a lot sturdier like i could throw this and it would survive.

The pistol grip for the 416 felt a lot better with more curves and grooves for you hand whilst the CRBs pistol grip looked cheap and tacky, it was amongst the first thing i replaced on the CRB because it looked so bad

Whilst i prefered the look of the crane stock of the 416 i did prefer the battery loading of the CRB.

Like Sitting Duck says the MOSFET of the G&G was pretty pants and was one of the few things i changed however what i did like about it was that G&G went to all the trouble of using a double wire trigger MOSFET. Krytac on the other hand only used a single wire MOSFET screwed into the gearbox.

Both the 416 and CRB had propriety gearbox casings which follow the principle of the TM V2 GB, the G&G one had their pneumatic blowback system and the Krytac have their Nautilus range which has various cut outs for AOE, re-greasing and the MOSFET.

Overall i found the insides of the gearbox of each to be comparable with each other though the G&G did need some more shimming work than the Krytac which was good as is.

Performance wise out of the box I preferred the G&G, it sounded much more crisp over the Krytac which sounded whiney, i tried to correct the motor height but to no avail, in terms of range i personally thought the G&G had slightly better accuracy using stock barrel, hop up chamber, rubber and bucking over the Krytac. At about 60M away i could hit a drain pipe 8 out of 10 times with the 416 and probably 6 out of 10 with the Krytac from a standing position.

In the end i sold one of them on to a friend as i could not justify owning two M4s, can you guess which one i sold? ............

It was the KRYTAC

Why?

Because everytime i did a side by side comparison of the two i just preferred the feel and performance of the G&G 416, when i had both available for a skirmish day, i would grab the G&G over the KRYTAC. Out of the box it fired smoother, straighter for longer over the Krytac.

In the end i upgraded the G&G with a bunch of things, it now shoots a dead consistent 342FPS at a rate of 24RPS able to hit a drain pipe 8 out of 10 times at 70M.

In the end my G&G TR4-18 looks like this:

EF1j0WD.jpg

It has no sights as i normally mount a RS EoTech 552 Holosight

• Supporters

the change of pistol grip - yes Krytac grip is like a JBBG M4

but the change of grip could have thrown motor angle off a smidge = a little more whine

but recent models have improved the nasty motor grip - thankfully

tbh I got 2 pbb boxes and have intention of using them the gimmick and possible risk of failure puts me off tbh

yes think Krytac have under powered some of their guns for some UK sites but still spring change is no biggie

yup I prefer dedicated 2 wires to motor and 2 fet wires to trigger supply & signal back to fet over 1 wire method

(usually 1 wire is adapting the existing wiring loom)

tbh - think I might rewire the Krytac one day with at least silver low resistance and possible 2 fet wires

why do makers still use quite thin crappy wire - but said nothing is perfect

G&G new stuff seems to use non-blowback, perhaps they are deciding to phase out or reduce models with blowback for some reason

nice gun - do like the 416 but not the possible qwirky mag issue on some of them to sort out

Damn it - I said I was done on this subject

Thank you for all your guys advice it really has helped! Im still stuck though thanks to that g&g post :P it is looking hard for me to locate a MK1 of the Krytac so until the MK2 stock comes out im kinds stuffed :P

They only have the 20k, check out JD Airsoft as they did have 30k's last I checked. Crawley surplus may have some too.

Archived