Star Citizen

Jedi_Master
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator

Reading another gaming thread I have only just discovered 'Star Citizen', a massive space simulation with sand box open gameplay. The I am a PC Game video is worth watching https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game/spaceflight

The in-game graphics look great and the required/recommended specs are:

• Windows 7 (64 bit) – Service Pack 1, Windows 8 (64 bit)
• DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM
• Quad core CPU
• 8GB Memory

This could be a good reason to upgrade or buy a new PC to run it. :D

Back in the 90s I enjoyed playing Wing Commander and loved Privateer so the Star Citizen's single player campaign 'Squadron 42' has a great heritage to build on. Also means that you are not limited to only playing online multi-player games.

Squadron 42 is still in development but has an Alpha version, costing from £37.50 ($54). There are various packages to get both Star Citizen multiplayer and Sqn 42 campaign from £50 ($72), through to a $1320 Battle Pack, $6000 War Pack, and an eye watering Completionist at $18000.

Apparently there are 1,375,497 star citizens who have pledged/joined. Has anyone here pledged yet? More importantly, is the game any good?

I have a spare copy of the game (before it was split netween S42 and PU) Jedi if you want it cheaper than currently available (LTI optional).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen/

As for any good, it's great but I have not been able to play since they rolled out the patch switching from the dogfight module (in jan), as my pc is now too weak.

Also, my referral code: STAR-RCHY-63K6 :P

• Head Moderator

I have a spare copy of the game (before it was split netween S42 and PU) Jedi if you want it cheaper than currently available (LTI optional).

Will send you a PM, thanks

• Head Moderator

YouTube videos proving they are quite helpful by showing actual in-game graphics and gameplay. The Aurora MR looks fine for a starter ship

• Head Moderator

Several days of my life now taken up researching Star Citizen ships, I am still undecided on what to upgrade the basic Aurora MR to. Thanks to Sacarethe for the discounted package.

Several days of my life now taken up researching Star Citizen ships, I am still undecided on what to upgrade the basic Aurora MR to. Thanks to Sacarethe for the discounted package.

My advice is wait for a sale (either concept or special). As for what to actually upgrade to, that depends on a lot of things, but in all honesty, I would only factor in one thing in the end, how much time will you be able to spend playing the game, if its 2 hrs a week, then get whatever you like, if its 20+ hours a week - then stick with the Aurora.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Head Moderator

Hopefully there will be a Concept sale today for the Drake Buccaneer, if available, sometime after 1800 hrs BST, for around $100.

Archived