Hop up issues?

Heps_417
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys I'm in some desperate need of some help! I've recently upgraded my inner barrel, it's great in'all apart from the hop up... I thought I'd see how the bucking and nub are coping! they look all good so I reassemble the hop in the exact way I took it apart. So I go to test my new barrel and I now have around 6 options whilst shooting! EXTREME top spin, strong top spin, still strong top spin, mild top spin, just about manages to shoot straight, EXTREME backspin. Can anyone advise me on what to do here as I'm puzzled! It's all sat in the gun as it was before and looks exactly the same! any help would be great!

Did you clean the new barrel before you reassemble it?

the barrel was prestine, it was cleaner than the stock one

If you bought a tight bore then the outer diameter is probably slightly smaller than the OE one it replaced, meaning the hop rubber can protrude farther into the new barrel than it did with the old one. Try using a smaller nub so that there is less pressure on the BB at the "off" position and see how that works. If it's still causing problem then think about a new hop rubber & nub.

• Supporters

I would double check something has not moved when you reassembled it

Is the fps consistent?

It could be a ripped hop rubber

What gun is it? Do you have a chrono?

If it's an M4 do you have the spring on the hopup chamber?

I have an UMAREX UMP45, I don't have a chrono and yes there is a spring but it's not in the unit itself it sits just after it

• Supporters

Ok, that rules out a few problems.

Did you use any silicone or lubricants? Don't.

Does the hopup sit properly in the gearbox, sliding into the hole around the nozzle?

If you shine a flashlight down the BB feeding tube in the magwell, do you see the hopup rubber? If you drop a BB in there, does it fall all the way down, or do you have to push it?

Ok, that rules out a few problems.

Did you use any silicone or lubricants? Don't.

Does the hopup sit properly in the gearbox, sliding into the hole around the nozzle?

If you shine a flashlight down the BB feeding tube in the magwell, do you see the hopup rubber? If you drop a BB in there, does it fall all the way down, or do you have to push it?

when I put a be into the feeding tube it drops in nicely with no force what so ever!

Although since installing the new inner barrel I have noticed a good FPS increase, maybe a better bucking/nub might be what I need?

Archived