Shop selling RIF by dissemble in to two halves.

Giliador
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

This has been a thing for a long time - CRW have been doing it for years for sure. WGC do it too as well as UNCompany and DENTrinity.

It's not illegal but it's pretty damn unethical. Still, Border Force only accepting UKARA membership as a form of defence instead of pulling their finger out and allowing site memberships etc. has led to this loophole being exploited.

Would getting the parts separately and assembling them once it's all recieved, technically be classed as Manufacturing a RIF?

I had this concern when I was butchering several parts of old donor guns to get a working AEG after a many-year-break from the game.

(I figured, in my case, that all the guns that are being disassembled and re-assembled were bought legally pre-UKARA, so rather than manufacturing I was just fixing up something that was already owned legally.)

Border Force do not only accept UKARA, I have never had a site membership never mind recorded such with UKARA ( As that is all the UKARA Register holds ), yet they have accepted my defence for the many guns I have imported.

the whole situation with RIFs / UKARA is ridiculous as you can give them as gifts legally but an under 18 / non UKARA can't buy them. Surely the vast majority of people who want the guns play at site's responsibly. The minority that misuse Rif's should be punished by the police and this should be then passed to the parents who allow their kids to do this.

Simply respect the responsibility of owning such a toy replica or have the law hit you with the force they can, Its time that the law took back control instead of busybodies insisting on human rights of individuals that want to break the law.

Sorry for harping on, but its always the few that spoil everybody's fun

• Root Admin

Border Force do not only accept UKARA, I have never had a site membership never mind recorded such with UKARA ( As that is all the UKARA Register holds ), yet they have accepted my defence for the many guns I have imported.

I wasn't aware of this. I've had a friend who has his gun destroyed after he sent in his site membership. This was some years ago though - perhaps they've genuinely got better?

• Supporters

My UKARA got recorded wrong on the outside of a package from Taiwan gun, it contained a rif and sailed through.

Even had Taiwan Gun written repeatedly on the bright green tape all over the box.

Archived