G36c / tracer unit

Dom18190
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all I'm pretty new to airsoft and I have bought my first smg it's a s&t h&k g36c what would I need to do to put a tracer unit on it as it doesn't have threads on the barrel do I just need a new outer barrel

Thanks for your responses in advance

Hi all I'm pretty new to airsoft and I have bought my first smg it's a s&t h&k g36c what would I need to do to put a tracer unit on it as it doesn't have threads on the barrel do I just need a new outer barrel

Thanks for your responses in advance

Have you tried unscrewing the end of the barrel, the thing on the end, the flashhider, it should screw off.

The orange bit:

aeg-urex-2275000-a.jpg

Iv tried but with no luck I carnt see any screw or anything holding it in place it looks as

If the flash hider does unscrew as it has 2 flat bits to were a wrench goes but doesn't unscrew

Iv tried but with no luck I carnt see any screw or anything holding it in place it looks as

If the flash hider does unscrew as it has 2 flat bits to were a wrench goes but doesn't unscrew

Do a google search on the subject to see whether there is a grub screw, if not it may be glued on, or you're twisting it the opposite way to what you should be.

Don't take this the wrong way but have you tried "tightening" the flash hider? As the thread is opposite. Only thought I'd mention that as every time I put my tracer on my aeg I always forget and keep turning it clockwise thinking "why isn't this goin on!?! Haha

Iv got it off now it's a clock wise thread was just very stiff warmed it up first then undid it and it came off with a little brute force lol thanks for all ur advice

• Supporters

I've not seen any tracer mags for a G36 though....

Tracer mags can be ok but the BBs sitting in the hop will fade as they are not illuminated. I have an older G&P one which is pretty poor and a couple of the custom built Incentive Designs ones which are a lot better but still not perfect. It's a basic limitation of the design, as soon as the BB leaves the mag it starts to fade so the longer it hangs about in your hop unit the worse it'll get.

Archived