upgrading gun

airsoft-man
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

i have a gg tr15 and want to get a new outer barrel my rail is 7.5inch/185mm long what size barrel will i need so i can add a silencer flush to the rail,

Without knowing how long the suppressor is, how on earth could anyone answer this?

I have a new rail system so it won't be that

So you have a gun, and you want to set it up so that it has a suppressor flush with the end of the rails. You've given the length of the rail, and you're asking for the length of something, the inner, or the outer barrel. Given your reply, I assume you're looking for what inner barrel to buy, but your initial post unclearly is talking about outer barrels.

Can I ask, why can't you just take away from the length of the current outer barrel one the length of the suppressor and buy a new outer barrel? If you are talking inner barrels, that's even easier, just measure you current one with a tape measure and see how far it sticks out past the rail - and buy one shorter/longer.

As for where you start measuring the length of the outer barrel in relation to the lengths they're sold at, I've been wondering that for a while.

• Supporters

Without knowing how long the suppressor is, how on earth could anyone answer this?

So you have a gun, and you want to set it up so that it has a suppressor flush with the end of the rails. You've given the length of the rail, and you're asking for the length of something, the inner, or the outer barrel. Given your reply, I assume you're looking for what inner barrel to buy, but your initial post unclearly is talking about outer barrels.

Can I ask, why can't you just take away from the length of the current outer barrel one the length of the suppressor and buy a new outer barrel? If you are talking inner barrels, that's even easier, just measure you current one with a tape measure and see how far it sticks out past the rail - and buy one shorter/longer.

As for where you start measuring the length of the outer barrel in relation to the lengths they're sold at, I've been wondering that for a while.

I think people are assuming that by "flush with the rail" he means the front end of the suppressor.

What he actually appears to want is an outer barrel which will present the threaded end right at the end of the rail so that there isn't an ugly great gap between the rail and the suppressor. In which case if you have a 7.5" rail, the outer barrel is about 1" longer (due to the bit that goes into the receiver) so I'd look at an 8" or 8.5" one depending on whether or not the suppressor will actually fit inside the end of the rail. This should end up looking like the CQB-S model M4 that G&G do.

g_g_tr4_cqb_s____4e53a8db829ad4.jpg

My silencer will be 172mm or longer as my inner barrel is 357mm so will my out barrel need to be the same length as my rail which is 185mm for a bit longer to compensate for the thread???

I think people are assuming that by "flush with the rail" he means the front end of the suppressor.

What he actually appears to want is an outer barrel which will present the threaded end right at the end of the rail so that there isn't an ugly great gap between the rail and the suppressor. In which case if you have a 7.5" rail, the outer barrel is about 1" longer (due to the bit that goes into the receiver) so I'd look at an 8" or 8.5" one depending on whether or not the suppressor will actually fit inside the end of the rail. This should end up looking like the CQB-S model M4 that G&G do.

Yes, from his last reply this is now apparent. :)

Tape measure dude

But then you do hit the problem I encountered when I wanted to do something similar, is the length as advertised measured along the entire length or just the visible portion when fitted. I would assume the entire length of course. Has anyone ever measured an outer barrel against it's advertised length to determine this?

• Supporters

But then you do hit the problem I encountered when I wanted to do something similar, is the length as advertised measured along the entire length or just the visible portion when fitted. I would assume the entire length of course. Has anyone ever measured an outer barrel against it's advertised length to determine this?

I had the exact same dilemma building my M4.

The problem is that some manufacturers include the thread, others don't. Some include the bit that fits into the receiver, others don't. It's not as straightforward as some would have you think! Look for ads from people like Madbull that show the measurement for the whole length. The amount of thread on the end is usually pretty standard so measure what sticks out on the one you have and you can use that to work out how long overall the barrel needs to be.

Be prepared though for a barrel that doesn't quite sit exactly where you want it to. Better to buy something a little short and then put a short extension on than end up with something too long.

Archived