BB size

Connieboy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

HI all, just got my first gun, ICS G33, I've just returned back from a skirmish and would like to improve its range a bit, I was using 0.20g BBs and was thinking 0.28g or 0.30g would be better or are the 0.30g a bit too slow

also any other ways to improve range?

Thanks

• Supporters

clean barrel - decent 0.25's

move closer or tilt gun upwards slightly

if not consider trying a new bucking

or

ask enemy to move closer so you can hit them

and

range is not everything - accuracy is more important than an extra 5-10m all over the place

ps - 40m maybe 50m is normal for gun out box - how accurate or tight groupings is another matter

don't believe all the "my gun hits a can @ 99m everytime" crap

some can get 80m+ but they have spent quite a bit of time to slowly gain a little more each time

Guest PT247

I run 0.3g in my AEGs, some folk prefer a bit more speed from a BB so harder to dodge, but I like the penetration the 0.3g BBs give through foliage and they also seem to shoot straighter for longer. My AEG is bang on 350fps (with 0.2g BBs) and has an awesome hop which helps.

I like .30's also, 25 is a happy medium. Make sure you buy high quality ones as well. it makes a big difference. and of course make sure your hop up is set perfect.

I like .30's also, 25 is a happy medium. Make sure you buy high quality ones as well. it makes a big difference. and of course make sure your hop up is set perfect.

You know given mass production of airsoft guns it is a bit wierd that the hops are not marked "best setting for X weight". Don't ask me what "best" means.

Guest PT247

tbh it don't really make a difference the fps of a gun, the hop will be mostly consistent no matter the power

Archived