Can I buy a used RIF BB Gun without a license?

Davalla
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was led to believe that only certified traders would check for registration details, etc, and that this doesn't apply to private sellers. I might even be making that up.

UKARA was created to protect retailers, but any person who knows the law and does not want to risk going to court over a few quids will make sure that you got a valid defence.

Simple answer,

Check the violent crime reduction act 2006 in particular section 36 (what you can't do) and section 37 (which lists the exemtions).

Unless you are going to use it for one of the things listed in section 37 then you will find it very difficult to obtain one.

Unfortunately, target shooting or wall hanging aren't considered good enough reasons.

Get air weapons instead, or join a target shooting club so you can get real guns.

UKARA was created to protect retailers, but any person who knows the law and does not want to risk going to court over a few quids will make sure that you got a valid defence.

Not really. Unless you mean their wallets.

I meant that what you said is incorrect. UKARA was not created to protect retailers.

You wasn't being very clear on which part of my message you disagreed with. ANYWAY - I may well be mistaken, but as I understand it UKARA was created by retailers as a system to confirm that the customers was confirming to what the retailers think a reasonable VCRA defence, hence allowing them to sell RIFs to the customers while somewhat covering their backs from prosecution?

• Supporters

There's an awful lot of sand in vaginas today isn't there?

As a bit of a gun nut myself I can see why someone would want a decent replica as a wall hanger without wanting to go through the rigmarole of skirmishing etc.

He did come across a little bit "troll-ish" though...

There's an awful lot of sand in vaginas today isn't there?

As a bit of a gun nut myself I can see why someone would want a decent replica as a wall hanger without wanting to go through the rigmarole of skirmishing etc.

He did come across a little bit "troll-ish" though...

It's my understanding that you can participate in airsoft without doing anything, sure its a bit much spending what will amount to £200 for three games with high and associated travel costs, no one can force you to get shot by other players. Though if you go to a site to do this i'd expect some friendly fire. :(

Plenty of outdoor sites will let you go off to one side and target shoot/tech without other players bothering you. Its a big wrong, but its feasible.

If you want a realistic gun buy a deactivated gun they're expensive but im pretty sure on the websites i have been on there are no licenses or defences needed for those. There's no point coming on here and arguing with people over the laws on rifs when they clearly know a lot more than you because they have actually bothered to read the relevant sections of the vcra.

​I'm back!

I realise what I was asking resembled what was asked in another thread: http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/31008-buying-second-hand/

I didn't see that though as it's on the second page of one of many sub-forums. Politer responses over there, too.

I also note that I linked a metal firing BB gun in the OP. I understand that some people term these BB guns and plastic firing airsoft differently.

Just to reiterate the purport of this thread, I was unsure whether rules applied differently to Traders and Private sellers.

As for delivery, do you get aged checked after you've been sold the booze?

I wouldn't know; I don't have the tendency to buy alcohol online.

There's no point coming on here and arguing with people over the laws on rifs when they clearly know a lot more than you because they have actually bothered to read the relevant sections of the vcra.

I wasn't arguing about the rules. People were arguing with as to why I would want an RIF.

I don't deny that these geezers know more about it than me though, hence why I came here.

Clearly trolling. I hope.

Nope. People are easily triggered, innit.

/close thread and stop trying to bash me. :)

I wouldn't know; I don't have the tendency to buy alcohol online.

Lol; Point is, when making a sale of something which it is illegal to sell to under 18s, is it any surprise that they will want proof of your age?

• Root Admin
Nope. People are easily triggered, innit.

/close thread and stop trying to bash me. :)

"Not a clever idea to come to an airsoft forum and call their game 'cringe-worthy'...asking for help in the same thread"- But that is my opinion. It seems as though you fellas are old enough to own replications but not old enough to realise that opinions are subjective. Is that really the level that we are at? Bigotry?

Do you have PTSD from this thread?

Can you link us to your blog so we can learn how to understand subjective vs. objective and what you had for dinner?

Do you have PTSD from this thread?

Can you link us to your blog so we can learn how to understand subjective vs. objective and what you had for dinner?

What on Earth are you on about now? Stop quoting me so I don't have to witness your big man act.

You're boring me.

Archived