Screw on Suppressor Issue

DarkAssassin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys looking for some help,

Have recently purchased a new gun it came with a screw on suppressor, when I have it on the gun the BB's clip the end and come out at an odd angle often in pieces.

I have made sure it is screwed on tight but still clips.

I am thinking of boring out the hole so I can use it but has anyone else had any issues with a screw on suppressor?

The gun is a gas Tar-21 with a gemtech suppressor.

Thanks for reading.

Sounds like there is a slight bend in the suppressor or its been cross threaded and sits at an angle.

Thanks for the reply, I can see its not cross threaded it must be the thread on the suppressor cut at a wrong pitch. I will have a closer look to see what I can see.

• Supporters

Try using ptfe tape on the thread. It will tighten up the thread and help the suppressor sit straight. Also put a spiral of tape around the inner barrel so it is held tight and definitely central in the outer barrel.

If this doesn't solve the issue something has either been manufactured wrong or has become bent

• Supporters

They can be made very badly - I don't like them

CM18 and sure another gun I got has the screw on flash for a suppressor...

Tried it a few times - but just as it got near tightening it went wonky

sometimes it wouldn't undo or the flash hider came off with the suppressor

probably cheapo nasty one from poland made to ultra $hit precision as per usual

even tried with the flash hider the suppressor came with but still went wonky at last turn

Poxy thing - looks wonky and can be bitch to undo if goes on w@nked

don't like them - normal flash hider or sod it remove it and shove on a stubby 100-150mm suppressor is my view

The quick fit multi idea didn't seem to really work for me - don't like it myself due to not having such joy myself with 'em

Archived