VFC/UMAREX HK 416 CQB

NathyB
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm close to getting my ukcara member ship and I really like the look of this gun I've read a few reviews and people say external great internals not so much, and that the more recent version has a moffit ? I think it's called I'm new to all this, is this a good first gun to get or is there a similar alternative which is better or etc I love the look,of the gun and the trade marks I don't mind paying a bit more money as I don't won't to have to re buy later on cheers any help is welcome

Myself, personally (waits for the TM haters...) would suggest getting the newly released TM 416C, purely because it will almost certainly be very consistent out of the box.

My brother has a VFC 416 and it has required a fair bit of work internally to get it working consistently well.

This was the gun I had my heart set on for much the same reasons. I love the look and I'm into realism with weapons. I deliberated it for some time then came accros the GHK M4.

After running the dilemma pat the guys at Milspec Solutons, who's opinion I hold with regard especially on realistic GBB's they said quote, get the GHK for the price and the realism it can't be beaten at this point in time for this ' type of gun'.

Hope it helps.

I want a AEG, although I would love a gbb but I've only played one game so far so I'm not ready for gbb, them guns are nice but proberly a little above what I would like to spend I've heard a few things about G&G and there model of this gun ???

• Head Moderator

The VFC / Umarex HK 416 CQB was the gun that I was originally going to buy. I like the sliding stock and compactness compared to the standard 416. However, after doing research (and not finding many reviews on them) chose the slightly more expensive TM HK416D. I was happy to pay extra for a good gun out of the box and did not want to have to replace my first gun because I had tried to save a few pennies. I have not regretted that decision.

Now that there is a TM 416C version available I will buy that as my next gun. I would second what @Dentonboy suggested above, get the TM HK416C.

Ahh, my bad sorry, didn't realise you were talking about an AEG version I've only seen the gas one.

Having looked into the TM 416 it looks like a great bit of kit is there any thing else I need to know about this gun

• Supporters

Having looked into the TM 416 it looks like a great bit of kit is there any thing else I need to know about this gun

Get it converted to a deans connector straight away, the proprietary TM batteries are expensive junk and the gun will run loads better on a 7.4v LiPo

My next gun will probably be a 416/417.

Little confused on the VFC/TM debate, the consensus here is that TM is the better performer but looking on firesupport they say otherwise, why would this be?

Ok that's good to know about the battery I was going to get the original battery, what battery should I get 7.4 li po what about the mah ?

Should I buy more TM mag or is there a cheaper alternative I can get ? Thanks

Ok I'm confused AF now the TM are you just paying £200 + for the recoil shock thing ? And the internals are good

VFC is a little cheaper but general thinking is there internals are megh

G&G are way cheaper and how do they compare to the rest ?

• Head Moderator

Little confused on the VFC/TM debate, the consensus here is that TM is the better performer but looking on firesupport they say otherwise, why would this be?

This is likely a PR issue. From the Fire Support website regarding the new TM HK416C:

Marui NEXT-GEN 416C AEG Airsoft Gun.

Please be aware that this product no longer contains original manufacturer trade marks. They are removed by our suppliers before import into the EU. It is done very tidyly and does not spoil the appearance of the product.

The Marui 416C is an unlicensed variant of the UMAREX 416C. It is not endorsed by H&K or UMAREX in anyway and is likely to be inferior in both quality and performance.

So while Fire Support can push the Umarex/VFC as being better based on the trades, we "all know" that TM is the better gun :D and not inferior. Have a read through this thread: http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/29891-tm-hk-416d/?hl=trades

• Head Moderator

Ok that's good to know about the battery I was going to get the original battery, what battery should I get 7.4 li po what about the mah ?

Should I buy more TM mag or is there a cheaper alternative I can get ? Thanks

I have 7.4v LiPo, 1300 mah, and 20C.

The TM 416 recoil mag means the bolt stop function will work. I also have TM Sopmod mid-cap recoil mags, they are slightly shorter than 416 mags, and allow bolt stop to work but actually cost a few pounds more (only purchased them because the shop was out of stock of the 416 mag).

Archived