Prepar3d or FSX

Mack
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone here into flight simming? This past few months ive gone a bit nuts on it with buying addons etc. Its almost as bad as airsoft :ph34r: id hate to add up what ive spent so far. Managed to buy:

Sims:

Prepar3d

FSX steam

Aircraft:

PMDG 737 800/900 and the 600/700 expansion

Aerosoft Airbus 318/319 320/321

Ifly 747

QW 757

Scenery:

Orbx FTX Global base

Orbx FTX Global Vector

Orbx OLC Europe

Orbx Ireland, N.Ireland, England, Scotland, Wales

Airports:

UK2000 - Belfast, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Gatwick, Leeds/Bradford, Manchester, Liverpool

Aerosoft - Dublin, Heathrow, Munich, Barcelona, Palma, Valencia, Skiathos

Flytampa - Kai Tek, St Maarten, Boston, Vienna

Weather & textures:

Active Sky next

Rex Essentials +Overdrive

Rex Soft Clouds

Utilities

EZdok

PFPX

Pro-ATC

FS2Crew 737

Navigraph Charts & FMC subscription

Been practicing the Innsbruck (LOWI) LOC/DME circle to land visual approach in the PMDG 738 and managed to get a -128 FPM Landing (For anyone who hasnt seen it look it up in real life, Scary approach that has you heading towards a mountain and getting to close for comfort). Crap quality video of the downwind base and final as I cant manage to get FS recorder working

Are you on VATSIM?

Have only ventured on a few times with text as I still can't make out what most of the ATC guys are saying. They talk far to fast to try and sound good instead of giving precise and clear instructions. Obviously there are some good controllers but most I've come across sound like there mic is in there throat.

Looks pretty awesome, might give it a go :D I used to use Microsoft flight sim a few years ago, nowadays just get my flying fixes in BF4 (pc based) and Realflight V6.5 for my Rc helis and planes.

Not quite what you're using :P, Is it a big outlay to get the base game sorted?

Looks pretty awesome, might give it a go :D I used to use Microsoft flight sim a few years ago, nowadays just get my flying fixes in BF4 (pc based) and Realflight V6.5 for my Rc helis and planes.

Not quite what you're using :P, Is it a big outlay to get the base game sorted?

FSX Steam edition is usually on sale every few months for around £4.99 for the base game although Id definitly recommend Prepar3d as it seems to perform better. The P3d academic licence is $59.99

FSX Steam edition is usually on sale every few months for around £4.99 for the base game although Id definitly recommend Prepar3d as it seems to perform better. The P3d academic licence is $59.99

Problem with P3D, Lockheed have been known to revoke licenses to personal users using it for entertainment purposes, with no provision for refunds.

I had a lot of fun with DCS world and landing on instruments at night in the Su-25T, exhilarating experience. But so so many controls, and different for each aircraft, it was too much.

I tried DCS with the A10 but never got into it as much as I wanted. Went over to the PMDG 737 and immediatly got hooked on it. Its a joy to fly the aircraft and learn the systems and procedures.

• 2 weeks later...

Taking off from Princess Julianna International (St Maarten) in the Aerosoft Airbus A321.

087c9202-b08a-4763-9cb0-22d1c3dbb10d_zps

Couldn't resist. Last time I played a flight sim was in 2008 :D

Took me a minute to work it out :lol:

FSX has tons of free planes you can download, some of them are complete rubbish but if you spend the time there are some really good ones.

I used to play FSX quite a lot, i actually have about 40hours in real planes.

Rather then spending money on planes and sceneries, if you don't have one get a track ir they enhance the experience 10 fold.

I also used to play this kind of mini-game in FSX that was like owning your own company and you fly from destination to destination for a price check that out. its about 10 years old however lol.

FSX has tons of free planes you can download, some of them are complete rubbish but if you spend the time there are some really good ones.

I used to play FSX quite a lot, i actually have about 40hours in real planes.

Rather then spending money on planes and sceneries, if you don't have one get a track ir they enhance the experience 10 fold.

I also used to play this kind of mini-game in FSX that was like owning your own company and you fly from destination to destination for a price check that out. its about 10 years old however lol.

Yeah some decent freeware available but nothing comes close to the PMDG 737 (cant see myself flying anything for a long time untill this is mastered). I have TrackIr but its rubbish for Flying Tubeliners, anytime there's a bit of turbulence the shakes make it impossible to press any buttons on the MCP/Efis/Overhead. EzDok Camera addon is way smoother. I think that's FS passengers the program your talking about? Ive started flying for a VA so no real need for it as it already has real world routes, schedules passenger loads etc

Guest PT247

passenger jets don't stir my loins but it does look pretty even with the carp fps and lag. I do love a PC vid though and this was nicely put together :-)

I prefer DCS... currently playing DCS Flaming Cliffs 3 as it is slightly easier to get in to but still a tough simulation. Having actually flown a plane (all but a Chipmunk when in the ATC) I can honestly say that sims on PC are very much like a real sim or even flying the real bloody thing. We live in a very cool time for PC fun! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived