Left handed tactical vest

ibo7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking for a left handed tactical vest with built in holster (or vest without holster that I can buy a left hand holster to attach)

Any lefties out there that can help?

I have a Viper drop leg holster but really didn't like it as it restricted my movement in skirmish.

Budget about £50

• Root Admin

As a fellow left-hander I can say the ultimate solution is just to learn to shoot right handed. Being able to switch hands is great for looking around cover anyway. There are a fair few holsters you can't buy left handed, but most of the genuine ones you can.

If that's not ideal though, then I'd look to eBay - obviously spend what you can afford to, but there are plenty of good vests out there by Tactical Tailor, Flyye and many others. I run an TT MAV and also own one of the tactical vests too. Both are pretty excellent. Don't buy new with only £30-40 to spend on a vest, because it'll likely be pretty naff.

For the holster: Maybe a Blackhawk Serpa clone with a molle adapter. Going to set you back approximately £20 in total if you order from broad, and most of the clones are alright in quality. The other option is a Warrior Assault Systems universal holster - they do that left handed too and they're set for almost any pistol so have that going for them as well. Those don't often go second hand so you're looking at about £28.

Thanks for that. I was looking at a Swiss Arms vest for £40, don't really want to spend more as I'm holding back for other gear I need.

Not sure whether grabbing my pistol with my right hand and switching hands would be a bit clumsy tho! Never really shot right handed but prob give it a go as a pistol is pretty easy to shoot anyway.

• Supporters

Archived