Hop up advice G&G gc16 mod 0

sutty7100
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I've got the gc16 mod 0 30th anniversary rifle had her for a year an half.

Fps is about 330 but the grouping at range is about the size of a dustbin lid so I was thinking new hop up and rubber, so I started searching and reading reviews and came across the prowin unit but then read on here that G&Gs are picky with the hop ups they will work with, so my questions are,

1 - am I restricted to just getting a metal G&G hop up or is there one it will work with?

2 - can someone recommend a hop up rubber please

3 - is there anything else I should do as all she has had is a barrel clean

Pro win and it's clones should be fine. Ak2M4 on here can sort you out.

Hop rubber would be a prommy purple which you can flat hop and use a flat nub for (Youtube amped airsoft flat hop)

Clean and polish barrel, or pick up a nice ZCI one from AK2M4, great barrels and work well for flat hops.

• 1 month later...

So I fitted the prowin and a prommy purple flat hopped, I cronoed it on Sunday and there was a 75 fps drop is this normal? Also the inner barrel is 330mm long zci don't seem to do one this length would I need to get one longer and cut it down

• Supporters

is the hop unit firmly seated as far back right against the gearbox

is the hop off ???

ptfe around the unit, past clip to stop any moody seals

no you do NOT cut the barrel - it has a finished edge - well of a sort on G&G

higher end barrels are much more polished and crowned to a very high degree of precision

so no you do not really cut down inner barrels

• Supporters

Okay cheers I'll check all that and keep looking for a 330mm barrel

330mm is a bit of an odd length. For all the difference it would make you could probably happily use a 300mm of a better quality than the OEM (for example a ZCI) and still get an improvement!

Archived