Matrix charger and Nuprol batt bubble

bobster46
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ok so new gun arrived (PTS RM4 CQB) I bought an 11.1 lipo by Nuprol yesterday. ran it through the gun today to make sure it was FPS legal for gloucester, have come home and gone to take it off the gun and one of the cells is bubbled ( three in total) nunchuck style. Bubble is uniform the length of the cell i can depress it maybe a cm so not a massive bubbling.

Can i still use it?

Also i opened up my battery option.com matrix charger and plugged it in but the power pack is ticking and the unit won't power up it just flashes in time with the ticking. any Ideas?

Help!!

Rob

Last time I had a Lipo swell up on me was my rc catamaran deciding it wanted to be a submarine briefly :)

Take it to the tip for proper disposal & get something like an IMax B6 programmable charger as your current charger is fooked :/

Being able to press it in by a cm is highly worrying, it's very likely to catch fire or explode if you charge it or use it.

Send it back, all the brand new Nuprol cells we get through are rock solid and have nice, sharp edges to them. If it looks like a balloon, it's faulty.

it sis designed for lipos, but i didnt get chance to put it on as the power pack is ticking, so won't power it up, think i just got unlucky and caught a duff one and at the got a dodgy battery :-(

never rains but it pours

Archived