What Inner Barrel? 6.01/6.03- SPECNA: SA B04 (M4)

PeaceWizard
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guy's,

Just purchased my first gun, which is a stock: Specna: SA B04 (M4 - AEG), running a 11.1 Lipo

I want to modify the gun with an inner barrel & replace the hop-up rubber

Can you advise on what would be best and why regarding:

Inner barrel: 6.01 vs 6.03 and what brand, I have seen that Mad Bull is a price friendly brand and also the Prometheus (Although I saw a youtube video showing inconsistant barreling with the Prometheus)

finall: What rubber hop, to give best accuracy

Many thanks guy's

Peace out

• Supporters

according to GF:

http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152203170-Specna-Arms-SA-B04-carbine-replica-Half-Tan.html

says it has a 260mm barrel though tbh the pic looks like it might nearer 300mm by my eyes

doesn't say it has a mosfet either and only saw 2 wires running back out of box but fet could be internal but doubt it

madbull are over-rated and over price and can be picky or too tight I experienced

zci or tornado are good cheap barrels or prommy if you got the dosh

everybody will say R-Hop which is fine if you want to do it yourself

next in line is probably Flat Hop but maybe not on barrels below 6.03mm

staying with conventional hop/bucking then Maple Leaf is well thought of and possible improvement even just using std barrel/hop as long as you clean it

Most of the time the bucking makes the most difference unless your barrel is w@nked

I'd clean up barrel - use some decent 0.25's and see how you go...

Maybe get Maple Leaf or look into Flat Hop as easier options

Mad Bull - nah I'd save a tiny bit more for a prommy - though my aim is crap so I just try to move closer to targets instead - much cheaper

Inner barrel wise, Specna are fine. If you do feel the need to replace, get a prommy or PDI.

Hope wise either flat hopped purple prommy with the prommy bridge, or any of the maple leaf buckings.

• Supporters

Why?

indeed - much longer barrels aren't needed plus porting may be out if going nutz on much longer barrels

also many stock barrels have improved loads - they ain't hacked up pieces of pipe no more

clean it - run it as it is like we have said...

if you really want to splash money then buy what ya like - personally move closer

don't believe all the bollox my aeg shoots 90m crap

most out of box stuff does say 45-50m - how accurately is another question

increasing range and above all accuracy requires money, time, care & quality bb's etc.....

and still you will get sniped - so know ya gun, know ya limits and engage in fights you have a chance of hitting

(aprox 20ft in my case)

Archived