Upgrading hop-up in WE Glocks

callumbagshaw
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

I'm a proud owner of a WE G19 G-series.

I love the gun, but compared to some other GBB pistols, I feel that the hop-up really lets it down.

Soon, I want to convert it to HPA (and possibly buy another G19 so i can run two of them), but I'd like to be sure I can get a better hop to give me a bit more range to match the consistent FPS that HPA offers.

Does anyone know a good hop that i could get which will ensure more distance?

Thanks.

I spent ages trying to find a bucking that would let me lift .28s in my 226, and after various brands I found that the firefly extra soft works really Well; going from a 10m range to easily being able to over-hop.

No, I fully set the hop up as far as it will go, and it still dips after 20 yards or so.

To be honest; every single WE pistol I've had has been like this.

On checking the bucking they've all been extremely hard, so that no matter how much pressure you put on with the hop unit you can't get sufficient to lift more than a .20, if that.

• Supporters

I upgraded my Glock to a Maple Leaf TBB with a monster bucking and it's excellent, the range for a side arm is brilliant and it's HPA'd.

Guest PT247

Thanks PT - No idea what to do with that stuff but I'll run it by my local tech :) Much appreciated!

Probs best to buy yourself some screwdrivers and open up the gun yourself, the hop is basic stuff. You need to learn how it operates and what the parts do, not pay someone money to do simple things like this..... unless you are minted and happy to throw money at folk.

Probs best to buy yourself some screwdrivers and open up the gun yourself, the hop is basic stuff. You need to learn how it operates and what the parts do, not pay someone money to do simple things like this..... unless you are minted and happy to throw money at folk.

I usually take stuff down to the guy I know and watch him do it first time round, then I have a go myself once I've seen him do it....

To be honest; every single WE pistol I've had has been like this.

On checking the bucking they've all been extremely hard, so that no matter how much pressure you put on with the hop unit you can't get sufficient to lift more than a .20, if that.

the reason i bought a WE was because my friend owns a WE XDM Compact and the range on that is actually superb out of the box!

Can't say the same for my glock but it certainly looks a lot nicer ;)

Have you checked the hop up arm is in the right hole on the cam?

Basically on the cam you slide to adjust the hop up has a small metal bracket that contacts the rubber. This is often placed in the wrong slot on the cam, rendering the hop adjustment pretty useless.

the reason i bought a WE was because my friend owns a WE XDM Compact and the range on that is actually superb out of the box!

Can't say the same for my glock but it certainly looks a lot nicer ;)

I think it's just WE's consistency. Some will be good, others great, and all the crap ones seem to end up in my hands! :(

• Supporters

Have you checked the hop up arm is in the right hole on the cam?

Basically on the cam you slide to adjust the hop up has a small metal bracket that contacts the rubber. This is often placed in the wrong slot on the cam, rendering the hop adjustment pretty useless.

I tried his idea and it went BADLY wrong. I followed it to the letter and it ripped my bucking after gently adjusting the hop. I ended up very gently bending the arm down and it's excellent now.

I tried his idea and it went BADLY wrong. I followed it to the letter and it ripped my bucking after gently adjusting the hop. I ended up very gently bending the arm down and it's excellent now.

I just tried it (and put a softer rubber in) and it's made a significant difference!!

I'm pleased anyway :)

I found with my We P228 that the soft firefly bucking worked wonders, much more consistent and easier to set the hop. We make pretty bad hop units and the bucking is totally terrible but now with a barrel replacement and a hop replacement I have it working well. Its not quite the KWA ATP in accuracy terms but its a lot closer than it was before, I did get my first 40m kill with it the last time I took it out with these upgrades which is pretty decent with a pistol.

Hey guys,

another question: is it worth getting a tightbore inner barrel? Will I actually see a significant difference?

I had my eye on this, which has the hop rubber attached too:

http://uk.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_Precision_Barrels_GBB_Maple_leaf_6_03_Precision_Inner_Barrel_with_Monster_Hop_Up_for_WE_G19_84mm_.htm

• 1 year later...

I just ordered one of these for my G17: Maple Leaf Glock Hopup Unit and AUTOBOT+CRAZY JET Barrel Complete Set

If you add "kickingmustang" in the coupon box you get a little discount.

TBH I found the stock setup pretty accurate but it just couldn't lift the BBs high enough so I'm hoping this may do the job (?).

Soon find out... lol :D

Archived