Battery help?

Heps_417
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening all,

I've recently bought a new battery for my gun, upon charging it for the correct amount of time 5 hrs 18 mins when I took the battery off charge it wasn't even remotely warm? I've read around that when you charge a battery it should be luke warm when fully charged? I've done a few shots with it and It's working? should I just use it until it runs out?

Below is the new battery

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/nimh-airsoft-batteries/we-9-6v-1600mah-ni-mh-stick-battery.htm#.VyEe-jArLIU

Thanks!

• Moderators

sorry 3 topics, wasnt sure where to reply... :)

really, 5hrs 18mins it told you to charge that exact time?, i have lipos, put them on charge, when light is flashing, charging, when on, they are charged, they never feel warm though to me, never tried any other battery but id say its fine if you have had it on that long

what does the charger say?, usually gives you some kind of 'instruction' etc like displays, lights etc?

• Head Moderator

Wow, that appears a slow charge. I use an imax B6 charger which takes about an hour. My 7.4v LiPo batteries never get warm when charged and they work fine, they are just under a year old.

• Supporters

This is not lipo we are talking about.

The charger must have a label that says what mA it gives. (1600mAh / charger mA) * 1.4 = charging time in hours. The 1.4 is a multiplyer because there are losses in the charging process.

This is a 9.4V nimh. Make sure you don't charge it with a charger for a 8.4V one. That will never charge it.

Archived