L96 Help And Advice Needed

Dan2493
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello All

I have a L96 Mb 01 (i think not 100% sure because it was given to me)

I'm i need of you're help when i received the rifle i striped it down and it had the classic broken trigger box and it also had a knackered hop up rubber etc so i decided to upgrade it heres what i put in it

APS2 Type96 EZ Trigger

Barrel Spacers

New Standard Hop Unit

L96 Complete Upgrade Set Including Nickel Cylinder

L96 Hop Bucking

L96 Metal Hop Leaver

Steel Cocking Lever

all parts from aspuk

And Im not happy with the results it not accurate and after 3 skirmishes and about 10-15 mags the hop bucking has split very annoying as its £15.00 :o my questions are should the hop up bucking split this quick and would i benefit from putting a aeg tbb aeg bucking nub and a airseal hop unit also my bolt pull is very hard it snapped the original bolt handle is this normal

also any tips on cleaning and maintenance what to clean the barrel with Silicone? should it be completely dry etc

should i wash my bbs before use?

hope you can help Dan

should i sell it and get a vsr????? they seem to be very popular must be a reason for it

• Supporters

Building a sniper rifle is not about putting expensive parts into it. Send it to someone who can build it properly.

L96 can be almost as good as a VSR, so that's not the problem.

Action army hopup unit with AEG barrel and let's say a maple leaf bucking + barrel spacers would have been the good start. Piston, spring guide, spring, zero trigger is the next step. Cylinder is the last one.

Action army hopup unit with AEG barrel and let's say a maple leaf bucking + barrel spacers would have been the good start. And then MANCRAFT SDiK

hehe

yes, haha, nah you could get a Mancrafted sniper to play aswell as a springer.

It is up to preference, and how you want to mess with the gun, either changing springs or slotting in some gas kit.

But, I mean, if you were going to upgrade from the start with a stock gun, you wouldn't want to fully upgrade the spring route, then convert it to a mancraft kit. Then I suppose he has kind of got the bits to set him up for a spring route. So my thoughts are, well, invalid.

why am I here? lol.

#mancraftmasterrace

post-12420-0-50021100-1461955117_thumb.jpg

Just had a look at my advanced spring guide and the flat end/base it not perfectly flat is this a problem ??

The components are fine, the only outstanding issues I can think of are:

New Hop Chamber, stock one is crap and the plastic arms flexes and breaks.
New AEG barrel, something high quality in 6.03
Decent bucking, something flat hopped would work. Prommy Purple, with prommy tensioner.

Clearn and lube.
PTFE mod

As echoed above, barrel,spacers, bucking and nub are most important.

I've built a few L96's and VSR's now, the best ones I've built are the ones where I've spend the extra cash on high quality barrels etc.

The components are fine, the only outstanding issues I can think of are:

New Hop Chamber, stock one is crap and the plastic arms flexes and breaks.

New AEG barrel, something high quality in 6.03

Decent bucking, something flat hopped would work. Prommy Purple, with prommy tensioner.

Clearn and lube.

PTFE mod

As echoed above, barrel,spacers, bucking and nub are most important.

I've built a few L96's and VSR's now, the best ones I've built are the ones where I've spend the extra cash on high quality barrels etc.

thanks i got the metal hop arm and barrell spacers will they fit an aeg barrel ? ive been looking at the action army type 96 hop chamber and Madbull Ver. 2 Black Python Tight Bore Barrel (499mm AEG) but undecided on what hop bucking to get etc

• 2 weeks later...

i got the barrel stated above and some AIRSOFT MADBULL 60 DEGREE SHARK HOP RUBBER RED but they don't fit have i got the wrong hop buckings?i put them on the barrel as the indent for the hop nub is not in the cut out on the barrel its underneath it so it makes the bucking oval ?

​link for the barrel could be wrong doesn't say AEG anywhere

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00UZ01ZVI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

link for hop up

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DV1FVX6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

yea found that out the hard way what have I brought wrong?

• Supporters

Do you still have the original hopup unit? If yes, then the barrel is fine, you need an APS-2 rubber. Which is not very easy to find. I think Action Army made one a few months ago, and there is the Well (not very good), and there was a Falcon one, also not very good.

And that's because the first thing you should do on a sniper rifle is to get a proper hopup unit. Action Army that is, and that will take AEG barrels and rubbers. If you go that way, you need an AEG barrel.

ok thanks I refurbished my hop unit when I upgraded the spring etc the well hop rubbed didn't last long before it split I brought the action army hop unit do you know what barrel and hop rubber to get?

where can I get one do they do it in 499mm or do I need to pass it through a suppressor ?

there is a thing called Google you may have heard of it?

But if you are too lazy to use it we will continue to spoon feed you....

http://www.x-fire.org/e.index.htm

They will sell you a custom length barrel. I prefer the 6.05mm rather than TBB

I came on here for help as lots of you will have more experience than me why be so rude ???

Guest PT247

.... and sir, you have had help. I have even answered your question on where to buy stuff from and given you help as to custom length barrels.

We will all happily spend our time helping people out, but only if they give help themselves to an extent.... I don't think expecting someone to have at least tried to google an answer prior to asking simple questions is that much to expect is it?

This is what google comes up with if you type in "PDI airsoft barrel":

pdi_zpss83seyfa.jpg

I know how to use Google I asked if the barrel I brought would be any good but got no response

Archived