Hello

Lendog
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi and welcome. Don't worry too much about equipment just yet. Find a site and try it out for a few times to see if it's your thing before investing. Also if you're on your own don't worry too much about that either. Just rock up, get your rental gear and before you know it you'll be chatting with other players and feeling their guns!

Hey Lendog

Welcome to the forums... I cant vouch much here, as i'm very new here myself, but as Pasty mentioned don't worry too much about the equipment just yet, I have gone and bought myself loads of 'kit' and found some of it not suitable for me, and I don't even have a gun yet! So yea for sure hit those sites in your area (sorry I'm in Berkshire not Devon so cant help you there) all the sites I've played on have all generally been very helpful and generous in letting me get a feel for different weapons and equipment, so I do recommend just pitching up on a game day and speaking to loads of people and handling loads of equipment, you will find your style there somewhere before ya spend loads of cash on stuff ya probs don't even need.

G'luck! PS: Woodland type areas have been my favourites thus far, i'm gonna try a CQB (close quarter combat) one some time soon.

Hi and welcome. Don't worry too much about equipment just yet. Find a site and try it out for a few times to see if it's your thing before investing. Also if you're on your own don't worry too much about that either. Just rock up, get your rental gear and before you know it you'll be chatting with other players and feeling their guns!

Well, you should at least give some thought to footwear and gloves.

Ok mate, just following on from your original quote.. no mention of that gear in your original quote? But yes you are correct footwear and gloves...and more importantly eye protection!!

As a newb trying to help another newb and try give some direction in achieving a successful step into airsofting!

Something which I never had, so any limited experience I can offer I think is better than none :D

• Supporters

Where in the OP does he ask about gear?

Nowhere but still everyone chucks in their two cents worth but never answered the actual question. 😒

He asked about sites in Devon and only Sico gave a correct answer.

Lendog use the Airbana map Sico linked and then google reviews for which ever site takes your interest. Be careful to check that the site is still open as the map isn't that up to date. Other than that just google airsoft sites in Devon.

Best of luck its a good hobby with a good crowd most of the time.

• Moderators

welcome to the happy place,

as mentioned, try the map or google maps and search around your location, you'll be surprised or just surprised. The site is fairly accurate but i found a site the other day thats not on there, ok a paintball site with 'airsoft' mentioned for a work social choice

when you have found one, check the website if it has one, it will give you an idea of what they let you rent and what they recommend you bring, if stuck, pop back and we'll help you out as best we can.....and spend your cash for you.

most is posted up in the sticky topics for your first point of call...

Archived