TM Glock18c with Guarder lower, slide not staying open

bobster46
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As the title suggests, I've just replaced the tm lower with a guarda one, prior to this I would have no issues when last round fired the slide would stay open.

Now after replacing it sometimes fails to lock back after last round ! Any ideas ?

I have tried a bit of tape in the mag well but doesn't seem to work.

Wondered if the Spring was weaker for some reason or the super power gas (that I had used before without effect ) may be doing something ?

All parts are standard I've only put a Guarder frame on.

Maybe oiling the spring for the slide catch?

Replace spring for slide catch?

Using standard green gas

A thicker epoxy in the mag well to replace tape

All suggestions greatly appreciated

Help !!!!

• Root Admin

Nuprol stuff is overpriced, but it's alright - I'd try Smart Gas or Pro Gas (they're the same thing). Long-term importing it from Gunfire or Airsoft Entrepot can work out extremely cheap. So do you not have a fresh can? This just sounds like it's short stroking slightly and the slide isn't reaching the slide catch because your green gas is getting empty. You need to try with a new one before proceeding.

This should have zero to do with the frame as the slide doesn't make much contact with it at all but instead moves along the metal runners. Drop of silicone oil on each of those if you want to, but this just sounds like your green gas is empty which is good news :)

• Root Admin

Also (and I know you're not stupid but just to be sure) you need to hold the magazines upside down and time how long you're filling them for. The Marui ones don't have silent fill valves so they'll sputter even whilst filling, but will sputter more when they're completely full. If you've not already, time how long it takes until it splutters properly and then fill for a half second less than that - then you won't waste gas. Tends to be about 4 seconds for the 25rd magazines.

Archived