ICS L85 Overhopping

Kye
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, got this gun last week and I am having trouble with it overhopping even with the hop up turned off.

Also with the hop up turned up its causing the gun to jam leading me to believe

The hop up arm is pushing the nub to far into the bucking?

I've only found a few topics regarding this and not sure how to tackle the problem. I thought maybe filing the arm a bit could help? Just don't want to bugger it up!

Anyone got any suggestions or any advice on how you solved your overhop problem?

Thanks!

I had the same problem. Can you take a picture of your hop arm (no need to disassemble the hop) looking from the back of the gun to the muzzle?

The issue with mine was a twisted hop arm, but yours may be something else

Aye, I've just changed the bucking and nub and it hasn't made much difference. I have a feeling it could be the arm.

There is a slight curve when shooting too, I suspect this is the arm putting un-even pressure on the nub.

I'll get a picture for you as soon as I am free to do so.

Did you just order a new arm?

The main thing is to get the inner barrel and hop unit out of the gun and take a look down the barrel. If there is hop being applied when the hop is off you will see the rubber protruding into the barrel. The mechanics of what is going on isn't too tricky and you may find just cutting a nub in half may do the job of fixing it or perhaps carving down the hop arm if that doesnt work. But you should be able to see the issue without having to put it back in the gun and test fire. You shouldn't see and protrusion into the barrel with the hop off at all.

Aye, you can see the rubber in the barrel even with hop off, so it must be an issue with the arm applying to much hop even with the hop switched off.

Just have to weigh it up and see how to slove the issue.

Ah, my 2 cents would be on the nub/arm situation. BB getting blocked.

Maybe dive deep into the gun, and suss out whats what, have a look on how far the arm is down.

You say it might be going down too far? And even with no hop, or as minimal hop.

Problem is here, I've only changed the TM VSR hop arm nub thing, but it's the same concept. Just different, but it still does the same thing.

Put the hop on as minimal as possible, then check how far the arm is down. If it looks like it's too far down, then something is wrong, and you'll probably have to fiddle with some hop up bits to reset it, if you like.

just an idea. as far as this goes, I know little more. Goodluck.

edit: looks like you have already found the problem. Just have to fiddle about with it getting it where it should be.

Thanks for the replies guys, think I'm just going to file the hop-up arm cup down and make it deeper, my thinking is that more hop will need to be applied to make contact with the nub, thus solving the issue of it still making to much contact with the hop all the way off, we will see.

I have seen posts about putting glue/plastic somewhere near the hop up wheel to make the arm higher? No idea how to go about that idea.

Aye, I tried to file down the hop up arm cup today. Didn't take much off. I assume I should not see any bucking at all with the hop up turned off?

I am still have problems with shots curving to much and I cant really tell if to much hop is still been applied as my garden is long enough.

I do see what you mean by the arm been twisted. The spring seems to pivot the arm to so it applies uneven pressure (Tilts towards the wheel)

I am guessing this is why the shots are curving to the right?

Is it possible to get a metal arm for this hop up?

That was the cause of my overhopping issue. When I get a chance, I'll send you the cad drawing I made of the hop arm. If you give that so someone with a cnc machine and a scrap block of metal they can make one for you (try shapeways or something like that)

When I put a metal arm in, the overhopping issue went away

EDIT:

see the link below, this is where someone kindly made a couple for me, unfortunately, i used the spare after butchering the first one. post #25 has a file attached that a CNC machine can turn into the part you need, id suggest finding someone through a proper channel, rather than a forum, i think i got lucky when i found someone.

http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/8123-Small-metal-airsoft-part?p=65340#post65340

That was the cause of my overhopping issue. When I get a chance, I'll send you the cad drawing I made of the hop arm. If you give that so someone with a cnc machine and a scrap block of metal they can make one for you (try shapeways or something like that)

When I put a metal arm in, the overhopping issue went away

EDIT:

see the link below, this is where someone kindly made a couple for me, unfortunately, i used the spare after butchering the first one. post #25 has a file attached that a CNC machine can turn into the part you need, id suggest finding someone through a proper channel, rather than a forum, i think i got lucky when i found someone.

http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/8123-Small-metal-airsoft-part?p=65340#post65340

The filing of the arm cup seems to have sorted the issue somewhat, it doesn't seem to be over-hopping as much as it was and there isn't any blocking of the barrel when it is turned on fully. There is still a curve when shooting so I think getting the metal arm made would be a good fix.

Thank you for the link, your a gent!

:)

Archived