Weekday or evening games near Cambridge, any ideas??

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Moderators

Wasn't sure to post here or events???

Guys, work are looking for social ideas, paint balling was one but someone else mentioned Airsoft, it wasn't me 😀, just someone who asked me about it before who became interested, don't wanna paintball, would feel violated!!!

I've had a look on the map site but anyone in East Anglia, nearer Cambridge know of any sites who would have weekday or evening bookings

Was gonna try the one in Thetford?

Doug/Josh what about at Tuddenham on a Friday evening before a skirmish weekend or not cost effective?? Could combine with any regulars?

• Moderators

cheers, i'll pass it on, not sure how far people will travel etc, not easy when most people cant park cars at work....

had a look at the site myself, looks good and fancy it myself! :)

• Moderators

is that you Doug?, haha

Office seemed really keen on the idea of the Friday night game, 10 of them so far, even people i didnt expect, just gotta keep pushing it!! :D

tbh I hope it happens, I fancy shooting a few of them! :)

Yeah, it's me lol...

Weekday games at tudders please!

Ahaha, I'll be up on the end of month skirmish. Think djb will too?

I will consider running Friday night games if I get enough prebookings to make it worth doing on a weekend when we're already on site.

If Ben manages to get all of his lot to confirm, I'll give up my early night and run a game, up to his guys whether they want a private night or whether we open it up.

Im on site Friday anyway to get the safe zone and shop set up, I just usually hit the hay early to recharge my batteries. I'd hate to put a night on and only a couple of people turn up for it.

It's not about the money - it doesn't cost me anything extra if I'm there already, it's the disappointment that the customers and I feel when we've made the effort and we either can't run it or there's low numbers.

I love night games, if I had my way all I'd run is gas and spring night games lol

• Moderators

cheers Doug,

Im still hopeful atleast 10 will come along, was mentioned again today and they seem keen (but you know what works colleagues can be like), but happy for anyone else who is there on the night to join in, will make it fairer on them if teams split into 5 v 5 as I know the site......a little :)

keep you posted :)

The Gaol has evening games every Wednesday. Its about 45mins from Cambridge

It's an hour from Huntingdon, so more like 1h30 from Cambridge.

It's an hour from Huntingdon, so more like 1h30 from Cambridge.

Oh right, I did Newmarket to Oakham in just over an hour last time I went from work, so cambridge would be a little less in my opinion, definitely not 1hr 30

Guess it depends on how you drive / time of day

Either way, we have guys travel from Bristol who believe the Gaol is worth it so Cambridge is nothing ;)

Oh right, I did Newmarket to Oakham in just over an hour last time I went from work, so cambridge would be a little less in my opinion, definitely not 1hr 30

Guess it depends on how you drive / time of day

Either way, we have guys travel from Bristol who believe the Gaol is worth it so Cambridge is nothing ;)

Google Maps reckons an 1h10 (A14) or 1h28 (A428) minimum.

For the fact that Bristol is 3 times the distance, they only have twice the travel time because of better roads, or rather less time spent on single carriageway :P

Archived