CM16 issue

MattCoops91
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

Sorry to be a pain but I'm having a few issues with a CM16. Everything I fire from it seems to be veering to the right and I have no idea why. It also seems to have much lower range than most other guns at the site I usually play at (Including the rentals). It fires at a consistent 310 (288ish on .25's) so I think that consistency means the air seals are okay? and I'm lead to believe 310 is fine for this gun.

Is there any obvious reason I would be getting these issues or am I just being pedantic about what to expect from a second hand CM. Obviously I'm a new player so my tech knowledge is limited to what I've read on here.

Any help will be massively appreciated.

Thanks

• Supporters

Sounds like the inner barrel may be twisted slightly in the hop. Take out the barrel and hop unit and look down the bore. The hop rubber should be poking down into the barrel at the top, dead centre. If it's slightly over to one side, gently twist the barrel around until it's central.

Yeah that was my first thought too but I corrected that but it hasn't stopped the issue. Although I will try this again and see if I get any joy!

Guest PT247

Are you holding the gun vertically when shooting? If your optic isn't aligned with the hop then it could cause you to tip the gun meaning the BB vears

Well I think I am but I'll have a go tonight and double check because that could well be the issue! Thanks!

Any ideas why the range seems poor? It's a year or two old the gun so would it benefit from a new hop rubber?

• Supporters

Any ideas why the range seems poor? It's a year or two old the gun so would it benefit from a new hop rubber?

It can't hurt on a second hand gun, no knowing how much abuse it's had prior to you. Plus it's cheap and easy to change.

Archived