Well F*ck me sideways on Zero One.....

Sitting Duck
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Guy was thinking about getting a G&G CQB mini.....

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?272244-GR4-CQB-S-Mini-Opinions&p=1428655

(don't troll it chaps ffs - they will only edit/delete it all plus it ain't worth it coz we got best forum here)

Told him maybe the CM18 is a nice middle range all rounder imho....

(I didn't say or mention or slate this not so big selling model:

The CQB-S is blow-back (not a fan of pbb), and despite its GT or Advanced label I'm fairly sure it is still a polymer body too with mid-cap
So with polymer body, mid-cap, guy wants a MK18 type of gun - ergh you looked at CM18 suggestion seemed very valid)

Said there is ETU's which are nice snazzy receivers but the ETU can have problems and I prefer the old school trigger

The BOT appears to have a normal trigger and basic mosfet which if it craps out you can replace with a normal better mosfet

(G&G mosfets are not known for the best mosfets)

That was about it - nothing ultra bad slating ETU's but still promoting a G&G none the less

deffo posted reply last night - checked my history coz edited due to odd usual grammar/spelling

F*cking reply deleted/removed !!!!

yup I know they are retailers selling ETU's but they never published my review of FFR A2 - 4 out of 5 stars either

again nothing terrible in that review either but pointed out barrel is 205mm not 260mm and ETU can be picky

But jeez - never thought a retailer would not allow FACTUAL issues to be mentioned in reviews and honest opinions

Screw freedom of speech and trying to be informative to others

Oh dear - yes they are a retailer and their forum - but jeez

So right here I would like to point out for fear of getting banned or warnings

G&G are the most highest precision pieces of airsoft engineering ever assembled using the highest possible parts that last a lifetime and everything they make is leagues above all others.....

Nahhh - can't continue with that much bull$hit

They are good starter guns - think we all agree on that

Maybe not so ground breaking in the higher end guns

BUT

As for Zero One - sorry but never thought you could be that retarded

Give credit to them last year - they did publish the brief - was hard not to fully slate it

HC05 review - http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_reviews.php?products_id=4126

But jeez once more, screw trying to inform others of all pro's n con's based on own personal experience of gun in question

You seem surprised.

Any forum or group totally dominated by a company is never going to allow you complete freedom of speech. Some censor more than others.

There are plenty of decent forums and FB groups to talk about Airsoft - just dont go there and feed the control.

• Supporters

yeah but like I said I wasn't saying they are all $hit buy cyma/krytac at gunfire or pro airsoft LWA etc....

said CM18 blah blah blah....

but nope I can't say any of that - even though I am not quoting stuff I know nowt about or just read on intenet

screw freedom and factual review trying to help others etc......

yes I knew it was bias on there but not that much - I know otherwise now

• Supporters

Well f*ck me with a telegraph pole without any lube......

the post is back up - lol

Paul Daniels or something ????

or Z1 sometimes reads "other forums"

ah well - CM18 is still a nice gun - one of my favourite Combat Machine models

don't know what happened but power to free speech x x x

They do themselves no favours..and its why crud gear gets pushed out..if no one is giving honest reviews how can the manufacturer know whats wrong with it and how to improve it

• Supporters

Oi!!! Stop helping on the enemy forums duck :P

(Just kidding mate :) )

Just trying to offer my advice/opinion on all these G&G's I got around me

basically as we know they all nigh on the same just different fancy externals

G&G have got one of biggest range of starter guns - they got that sussed

just they need to concentrate on making simple improvements to make them that bit better than bring fancy stuff that may or may not work perfectly - old school stuff still works fine in my book

(it sometimes gets a bit quiet on here so I frequent other places looking for snippets and info and others to annoy :))

Maybe Z1 pulled it subject to review.......

well guess we will never know for sure...

I know Z1 got an award/thanks from G&G for being top retailer but all the same....

I'm a G&G fan but I am not a G&G FANBOY - no way, if I think something is not good then I will say it

Not just G&G but most manufacturers need to follow Krytac but even Krytac are not perfect - there is room for improvement

Why the f*ck do nigh on every gun still come with small tamiya - everybody knows they are $hit (inc Krytac)

Why don't they use half decent silver low resistance wire (inc. Krytac)

Why don't they correct or partially correct AoE like Krytac does

Why don't they use half decent bits like a part plastic part steel rack piston with a decent head etc - like Krytac

Why don't they just put in a basic mosfet 3034 - like Krytac

Still think they could short stroke a gun's setup 2 teeth as many guns are 300mm to 360mm barrel - inc. Krytac could do this

(but this bit and other stuff is getting on for higher levels of gun spec but begs why the long stroke still there if so much is not used)

never mind - they (nigh on all guns) keep churning out same ol' same ol' stuff half ar$ley assembled with no real vision to try and perfect the design that much - except some like Krytac and perhaps Echo 1 redoing stuff a bit better

Don't get me wrong G&G are still great starter guns - but some of their new ideas and wtf is MARS all about

try and build the basic gun better first - I really think if a gun cycles at 18rps the dead zone trigger problem reduces greatly

Sod the ETU - I've ripped one of mine out and would never dream of going back to it at all

Oh well - maybe some makers will take note and try to improve upon - well no not improve upon

just assemble the gun a little better - I mean a bit of extra neoprene/sorbo costs nowt really

silver low resistance wire - a couple of dollars

a 3034 fet - £2:50, probably under £2 in parts

deans connector - oh come on ffs we are talking pennies and this wiring loom can be made in bulk off line and fitted with next to no extra work and all that

ahh f*ck it, I've said this over n over and many others have too but very few makers ever seem to listen so what's the point ???

• Supporters

You know damn well Duck that no factory is interested in making an everlasting product.

Like the energy saving light bulbs. With that technology they should work many times longer than the old ones. Yet the lifespan is shorter.

But that's nothing new: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoebus_cartel

Ahhhh - so that is why there are so many Combat Machines out there - they die so consumer thinks:

oh well let's buy another one as I kinda liked it......

Gotcha - yeah makes business sense I suppose

But lets hope Krytac continue to grow and maybe - just maybe others might consider following

(yeah I'm not holding my breath but I live in hope)

From the looks of it he posted his question in both 'General Discussion' and 'Advice for new players'. The General Discussion one has Sitting's reply in it - the advice for new players one has no replies. At the risk of insulting people's intelligence, is there no way people are just getting confused between the two identical posts?

• Supporters

ahhh $hit ya right:

OP posted twice, I assumed my reply was deleted - in fact it wasn't
my very bad and I apologize to Z1 accussing them for something when in actual fact I'm the tw*t getting out of my pram without checking facts.....
Blimey - 2 x lessons learnt
1 - double check facts first - or the post in question was the one I replied to
2 - before typing/texting ensure you are sober and brain is in gear and mouth shut before diving in at deep end
Once again - my very bad - sorry to Zero One
What a prize plum I now look - time to order some lube
still good to have a moan but soz once again to slating Z1 unfairly
(they did not deserve it this time)
I think I personally deserve this:

Why the f*ck do nigh on every gun still come with small tamiya - everybody knows they are $hit (inc Krytac)

HA! I can actually answer that one.

Tamiya plugs have no patent and wildly available from various supplier in China or Taiwan. Deans on the other hand, still holds a patent and EXPENSIVE. In fact, their office is right here in Orange County, CA (same as Kriss-usa West Coast office) . I called them in 2013 and was trying to source the Ultra plug from them and the first thing they hear we make real fire-arms they didn't even want to do business with us.

Now I know there seems to be a lot of Deans plug in the market but I'm pretty confident to say that more than half isn't real/official Deans. Some of them just downright have questionable quality. We can't have those on our guns.

That said, I'm not giving up the idea of using Deans or T-plug as standard part.

• Supporters

HA! I can actually answer that one.

Tamiya plugs have no patent and wildly available from various supplier in China or Taiwan. Deans on the other hand, still holds a patent and EXPENSIVE. In fact, their office is right here in Orange County, CA (same as Kriss-usa West Coast office) . I called them in 2013 and was trying to source the Ultra plug from them and the first thing they hear we make real fire-arms they didn't even want to do business with us.

Now I know there seems to be a lot of Deans plug in the market but I'm pretty confident to say that more than half isn't real/official Deans. Some of them just downright have questionable quality. We can't have those on our guns.

That said, I'm not giving up the idea of using Deans or T-plug as standard part.

Well apart from me looking a pratt for jumping up up n down a bit/lot

It was a bit quiet lately so wtf if I threw dummy out of pram....

Thanks for answering but does that go for mini deans - I know one or two guns on evike had these as standard

http://www.evike.com/products/55831/

and surely - stop calling me Shirley

I would of thought even mini would of offered a small improvement over bloody tamiya

Don't the "Mr Dean" company hold the patent to mini deans as well or any "dean" connector ?

But can that really stop another company using another company's product in their product design ???

Ahh - perhaps the mini deans is not an official "W.S. Deans" connector then

can't find jack about mini deans just deans & micro deans.....

So does that mean the widely preferred "grip" deans are deffo fake deans - wtf don't Deans do the grip one for use clumsy clots wearing gloves and chubby manly big sweating dirty hands then ???

If Krytac fitted genuine Mr Dean's connectors then would that be another string in ya bow and recognition for Mr Dean company also

But I guess if a company forbids you to use their product/name in a commercial product then that would be a matter for legal people I guess

Though lets be honest - a real M4 wouldn't be using deans anyway - it is just a RIF or ahem soz to insult ya but a possible "toy gun"

please don't flogg me - it is a very nice one but hardly a lethal killing machine after all said & done

maybe try again as you have gained market share & more recognition - business is business after all

and must be better to trade with fellow countrymen than sourcing or using stuff made/designed overseas

Ahh well - what about Hobbico Star Plug connectors - probably a rip off but compatible with deans, textured and enclosed ?

hcam4001.jpg

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXERUC&P=7

No doubt W S Dean wouldn't like it and sue ya ar$e off but hey ho worth approaching them again maybe ???

• Supporters

Mini-plug also belongs to Deans. So it's out of the question.

As for the Star-Plug, we have looked into it and not really feel it's quality is well made. Concept seems good.

Oh come on, it might not be quite as super duper as WS deans....

But

1 - most stuff/folks aren't using genuine w s deans out there

2 - Star Plug has gotta be a big improvement over small tamiya surely

3 - Stop calling me Shirley...

Mini-plug also belongs to Deans. So it's out of the question.

As for the Star-Plug, we have looked into it and not really feel it's quality is well made. Concept seems good.

Can you get the licensing through some other organisation which works on their (deans') behalf? Or through one of your own subsidiaries?

• Supporters

Can you get the licensing through some other organisation which works on their (deans') behalf? Or through one of your own subsidiaries?

Thing is - I totally get why makers don't want to make their guns tooooooooo responsive out of the box

with deans & say better wire etc.......

After all - people being what they are like to push more juice through stuff until it breaks :P

And taking the pi$$ in general - after all said & done then people coming back saying my gun's not working too well now....

But some warranty stickers, the 20k motor for UK market etc... but at least squeeze a smidge more out of guns in toned down UK format

Then if people wanna void warranties changing motors n stuff then that is up to them....

Still if makers prefer to restrict the flow and stick on small tamiya then I do get it of a sort

Owners who wish to improve upon stuff or de-restrict their guns need to learn to solder a bit - not rocket science, perhaps cheapest upgrade

Though replacing tamiya to deans - MAY and I say may impact the warranty as it has been modified from its out of box status none the less

However - makers could make improvements - if they really wanted to

• Supporters

I thought that's what he was just saying, that in Kriss case, they couldn't.

He was saying about patent which I can sort of imagine but said about G&P stubby using mini deans

and ok if WS Deans say no way - then Star Connector...

Star Connector "might" not be as ultra high quality ultra low resistance as Deans but for sure think over half or more guns with deans in or lipo's pre-fitted with deans are not using 101% genuine deans anyway

Plus Star has gotta still be a big improvement over small tamiya no matter what

But lastly did say I kinda get if makers don't wanna go too far on the out of box guns

Just saying guns can still be improved with minor alterations that cost little - yes Kriss are raising the bar

just saying there is always room for improvement on nigh on everything

plus I am always saying sod it and throwing out rule books to try often daft stupid other ways/methods

(blowing up lipo's/guns - yeah I am an ultimate loose cannon walking human disaster just waiting to happen)

Got a tardy point and my reply deleted from zero one for mentioning taiwan gun in a thread :rolleyes:

Just helpng a fellow airsofter and telling my experience of the gearboxes on the cm range, ie they explode on dismantling, and need for 8 hands when putting back together.

Archived