Krytac Warsport LVOA-C after game review

Comicbook hero
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've seen plenty of unboxing and 'this looks nice' types of reviews of the Krytac LVOAs, but not many hands on game reports.

So, as I took mine out for its first run today I thought i'd let you know how the European spec LVOAs perform on the field.

I'll try to be as subjective as I can.

We have all heard about the quality build of the guns and in your hand you can see its true. The fit and finish is perfect. The foliage green paint looks like its there to last and after a days skirmishing there are no scratches of blemishes at all. And i'm not backward in going forward, including a full on trip and slide across some stony ground.

One thing to note is the pistol grip is different to the other Krytacs. It is a really good quality and very comfortable and grippy both gloved and ungloved.

I run the gun on 7.4 Lipos which is a first for me. The trigger response is nice and snappy, far better than any AEG I have used before and the full auto is quick enough to get a 3-5 round burst with a delayed pulled of the trigger. One 1200 Lipo lasted me all day but it was a limited ammo game and i probably only got through 800 rounds.

Talking of batteries I was a bit surprised about the battery space, or lack of it. The Krytac stock is smaller and slicker in the fresh than it looks in images and video, but I still thought i'd be able to fit my 1200 7.4 in one of the twin holes either side of the buffer tube. Well I nearly got the Lipo stuck half in there. No chance of pushing it all the way in. So it went in the Buffer tube itself. No big drama, but I can't see any larger capacity batteries fitting.

Out during game the Krytac did everything I asked of it. No teething problems at all. It took me a while to get the hop adjusted just right, and with 15 clicks there is plenty of scope for minor adjustments. The hop wheel was kind of stiff which made changing it with gloves a pain but I reckon that could be partly its new and partly I have big fat fingers.

As for performance, I was using .25s. It chrono'd at 270ish which surprised me as I thought it would be higher, but it was still reaching out accurately in bursts to 30-40 metres before the wind, which was quite strong, was pushing the BBs to the side.

Having carried the Krytac around all day I can attest to the fact it is solid but not too heavy. Its not unwieldy being manoeuvrable, well balanced and point able. I'm running it with an MOE vertical grip and some ladder rail covers so I can slip to a thumb over bore style grip if needed and both are comfortable.

Talking of rails, for rail space you get the top rail and only one spare 3 inch rail. Now that's okay for me as I attach my torch to the top rail and the MOE Grip went on the spare rail attached to the underside. However, if you want any other attachments on the bottom you crapped out. Its also a bit confusing what additional rail segments fit the LVOA rail.

Finally magazines.

I used 80 round Beta Project PTS Mags (the first ones with the bullet windows E Mags?) and 30 round cheap ASG plastic Stanags. Both fitted perfectly with no wobble and neither type had any feeding issues.

My daughter has some Airsoft System 90 round mags that look like P Mags. They have been solid performers but don't seem to fit in the Krytac. The Krytac has a cutout in the magwell / hop unit feed that matches the almost keyhole shape that you get on top of the magazines. So any mag, like the AS mags that have a different shape on top wont lock into place or feed the BBs.

So all in all I am really impressed with the performance of the Krytac. I wanted a gun that was good out of the box and thats what I got. Other than the limited battery space and lack of additional rails I'd heartily recommend it to anyone.

CBH

post-11641-0-51074300-1461446266_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

Good honest review of good gun - thanks for sharing....

Are Krytac's really that good some might ask

Well they are not flawlessly perfect - (nothing is coz I'm mega fussy/grumpy bastid)

it is just that so many other guns fall so short for £300-£350

THAT in my book is why the Krytac range of guns stand out so much - but very pleased with their build & attention to detail

(soz for adding or jumping on bandwagon/review but good review of a good gun)

Guest PT247

BTW, you can EASILY fit a WE 11.1v 30C 1450 3 stick nunchuck LiPo in the stock.

Edit: my PDW is cock on 350 fps on 0.2g BBs (314 on 0.25s), it was hot from new though and am not sure if it has the original spring and it softened after use or it has a replacement spring as I was chopping and changing springs a LOT when I was sorting my SPR into a DMR and the lowers have been swapped about between the 2 guns.

• Supporters

PT247 what spring do you have in it?

I wouldn't mind getting the FPS up to 330-340 on .2s so my BBs get to target a bit quicker!

CBH

move closer to enemy is easiest option :)

possible m100 - no more required on that length barrel 363mm it said on evike

yeah they do AoE for ya so reckon m100 absolute max is my guess unless you gotta a slight leak (doubt it though)

as thought they were "supposed" to use m105-ish instead of m120 for UK

(shs maybe but not Guarder springs as they often report a bit higher than ratings)

its quick change spring but box very likely gotta just partly remove to gain access to QD

(unless they changed it - which hopefully they will on mk2 for easy access quick change spring)

might be worth getting shs m100 and/or element m105 just in case

if she is hitting 270 on .25's - that is about 310-ish I'd say on 0.20's

hmm maybe they shoved a m95 in there just in case it was too hot for say Mall & cqb on 363mm barrel

it is very hard to say and still guesswork a little

Guest PT247

PT247 what spring do you have in it?

I wouldn't mind getting the FPS up to 330-340 on .2s so my BBs get to target a bit quicker!

CBH

Like I said, I dont know what spring is in the PDW, it could be the standard one although am sure from new it was only 320fps so is more likely to be a different one. I was experimenting with springs to get my SPR up to as close I could to 420fps so was playing with both gearboxes and just swapping the upper receiver over until I got the desired fps. Pretty sure my SPR has an M125 so possibly have an M110 in the PDW

Cheers guys, i'll let the spring settle down first before I start changing stuff.

I'm not an FPS hound honest. The Krytac shooting at 310 on .2s still out ranges and out performs my M4 shooting at 340.

I play a semi DMR role and do enjoy hiding up and ambushing the other team. So if I can eek that little bit more accurate distance out on the cheap thats ideal. If not, well like I said it still out performs my old gun.

Interestingly enough the inner barrel is over 380mm. I'll grab the manual and get the exact length, but I was expecting the standard M4 inner barrel length in it. I wonder if the newer SPRs have longer barrels too as they now sport 16" outer barrels apparently.

Anyways, still fantastic out of the box performance.

Thanks again.

CBH

Guest PT247

my SPR has a 420mm inner barrel, currently sporting a PDI 6.05 but have run an Orga 6.23 in it with an M150 spring which gave me 350 fps on 0.2g BBs but was too strong a spring for my liking so went the PDI route with a softer spring but higher fps

• Supporters

if its 400mm barrel then you will get a bit of creep

lately have found a 360fps spring in a UAR (think 400mm barrel)

shoots 325fps in a 300mm barrel - so as a very very rough guide you could gain/lose say 35fps or a m10 spring rating per 100mm so to speak

This of course means very little as each gun is different but yup fps can alter a bit in different guns/barrels

maybe shs will be about m100 and no more

if a smidge over she can come down in 3months or so or fire enough through her - well she won't creep up on her own,

leave precocked overnight or pop spring in old stripped piston and bolt it down 100% coils touching

overnight lost about 12-15fps on a 385 to 370 in UAR - hoping that gets me about 335 ish in another 300mm build I'm trying to do

but as usual I often find this guesswork is at best just that when I finally test the bugger = WTF readings and back to drawing board

• 8 months later...

Archived