It's me again - L85s

B.S
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I'm sure Most people know me as the hassle who keeps asking silly questions now - But this is sort of a 'This is the Info I've found, Is it right?' Thing. I've basically Decided on an L85 for my first gun. I know, I know, But I'm certain I'll be okay with the layout, And I've just gone 'Screw it, I want It!' I have however taken all your advice and Gone for AEGs, However I'm now at the point where I don't know which brand to get... Honestly, It's not something I really need to Decide on yet, But I'm board and like I said I want to lay it all out. Performance wise, they seem to be all the same. Reliability, accuracy to the real steal, and durability are all unclear however (I've heard different things from different places) I've narrowed it down to the G&G and the ICS. Now - I'm well aware it's wishful thinking at this point to even consider either. But I like to know what I want, and saving is just a matter of time. If I can do £400 for a PC then I can do £300 for a Gun. So, Here's how they sit;

G&G L85A2 EBB

TGL-L85-0A2-BBB-NCM.jpg

Pros

-Electric Blow Back

-G&G Made SUSAT

-Common M4 Mag

Cons

-Tricky Battery Compartment - Tight and hard to open

-EBB Runs battery low

-EBB System not good on semi-auto

-365FPS - A little hot.

ICS L85A2

ICS-85.jpg

Pros

-320FPS

-comes with 2 mags

-No EBB, no Issues

-Easy to access Battery, and Large space.

-£20 less (Every little helps)

Cons

-Not EBB

-Reports of Issues after 2 games

Like I said - Not looking for advice on if I should get and L85, It may be a bad Idea But I've already decided. If Anyone's got any other tips on British Equipment, Or L85's They'd be Welcome.

Till the next time.

B.S

As I mentioned in the other thread. Ics all the way. The quick Spring change is a dream, gun fires really well aside from its little selector issue. But that's easily remedied as long as you keep a check on the tightness of the screw that holds it.

I never had an operational issue with mine really. You also have gone bonus of ic's' approach to the trigger set up and gear box set up.

I ran mine on a pair of LiFe batteries as they fitted into the Daniels defence rail.

Army Armament R85 cheapo rip off clone of G&G gun - £150 to £200 aprox

Ares and others do them I think

to me the SA80 or L85 type guns are often a gun "you think you want"

but often many just end up using the more common guns instead

Yeah, I am going for a British Loadout tho... I'm planning on Seeing if I can find a shop with L85s, See If they'll let me handle one. Like I said - It'll be a while before I can get one anyway, So I've got plenty of time to Learn more about them.

• Supporters

Yeah, I am going for a British Loadout tho... I'm planning on Seeing if I can find a shop with L85s, See If they'll let me handle one. Like I said - It'll be a while before I can get one anyway, So I've got plenty of time to Learn more about them.

An expensive route, a lot of the kit you won't really need, but looks the part nonetheless. Go for it!

An expensive route, a lot of the kit you won't really need, but looks the part nonetheless. Go for it!

I've already got full MTP, An Osprey, and 3 Mag pouches, I am most certainly going for it :)

• Supporters

I have the g&g l85

The ebb is pants, I disable it

It has the v2.5 top end, I converted one off mine (I have a full spare gearbox) to v2

It has pre cocking/charging, I converted mine back to v2

Good news, the madbull DD rail will fit without a fit kit

but when it's done, it's a fantastic gun, and very very quite, epic range etc

But I will be selling it soon, as I have upgraded to a we l85

I have the g&g l85

The ebb is pants, I disable it

It has the v2.5 top end, I converted one off mine (I have a full spare gearbox) to v2

It has pre cocking/charging, I converted mine back to v2

Good news, the madbull DD rail will fit without a fit kit

but when it's done, it's a fantastic gun, and very very quite, epic range etc

But I will be selling it soon, as I have upgraded to a we l85

GBB? Very nice.

Yeah, Still not entirely decided between the G&G and the ICS. But I am leaning towards the ICS- Since the EBB Just seems too much hassle.

• Root Admin

EBB is poop anyway except in a few select gats.

I assume you mean the Osprey vest and not helmet? If so, which one? The mk 5 can make you sweat a slow death if you're not used to wearing a plate carrier as they're obviously intended for as much protection as possible, so just be wary of that.

EBB is poop anyway except in a few select gats.

I assume you mean the Osprey vest and not helmet? If so, which one? The mk 5 can make you sweat a slow death if you're not used to wearing a plate carrier as they're obviously intended for as much protection as possible, so just be wary of that.

Fairly sure it's a Mk.IV, It's got the cooling vents on the inside (Those strips of fabric)

Just be aware that with the receivers of the L85 being steel they weigh quite a bit more than an M4/M16 variant, which is mostly plastic. Yes they do look good (I had 3 at one stage in different configurations) and if you are carrying them around all day at a skirmish then you will notice the weight after a while. If you do get one make sure you get the proper SA80 sling for it, as it makes it much easier to be able to convert from a 3 point sling (carrying) to a single point sling (shooting). Just make sure you know how to attach it properly though.

If you go for a G&G then it will take parts from the ARMY version if needed, as the parts are interchangeable, unlike the ICS version.

• Supporters

GBB? Very nice.

Yeah, Still not entirely decided between the G&G and the ICS. But I am leaning towards the ICS- Since the EBB Just seems too much hassle.

Yeah love the kick :)

Don't get me wrong, the g&g its easy enough to disable the ebb, and swap out the sector gear to get rid of the pre cocking/charging, swapping the piston etc etc.

It also has a really cool split mech box, meaning fast top end changes for different fps sites, or top end rebuilds. Once it's done it is a great rifle

Check out airsoft ed's build thread for his ics l85 long term review

Yeah love the kick :)

Don't get me wrong, the g&g its easy enough to disable the ebb, and swap out the sector gear to get rid of the pre cocking/charging, swapping the piston etc etc.

It also has a really cool split mech box, meaning fast top end changes for different fps sites, or top end rebuilds. Once it's done it is a great rifle

Check out airsoft ed's build thread for his ics l85 long term review

I've seen it :) Thanks

Just be aware that with the receivers of the L85 being steel they weigh quite a bit more than an M4/M16 variant, which is mostly plastic. Yes they do look good (I had 3 at one stage in different configurations) and if you are carrying them around all day at a skirmish then you will notice the weight after a while. If you do get one make sure you get the proper SA80 sling for it, as it makes it much easier to be able to convert from a 3 point sling (carrying) to a single point sling (shooting). Just make sure you know how to attach it properly though.

If you go for a G&G then it will take parts from the ARMY version if needed, as the parts are interchangeable, unlike the ICS version.

You got a link? Currently I'm looking at the Single point on here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MTP-Osprey-build-a-battle-vest-Custom-build-pick-your-own-pouch-layout/261792891429?_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20150313114020%26meid%3D99862f0bbb2c4f1da3b69749bd64884e%26pid%3D100338%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D17%26sd%3D201274972369

• Head Moderator

Currently I'm looking at the Single point

The sling for the L85 is one of the best pieces of kit the Army had, the A1 rifle was flawed until the H&K upgrade A2 version but the sling is great. Would not use any other with it, especially a single point.

The sling for the L85 is one of the best pieces of kit the Army had, the A1 rifle was flawed until the H&K upgrade A2 version but the sling is great. Would not use any other with it, especially a single point.

So... Not the Single point then?

can you give me a picture so I know what to look for?

• Head Moderator

No. Just use Google, it is really easy to do some simple research. Put the effort in, then give us some links to check, these took 60 seconds:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111890732372

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRITISH-ARMY-SA80-L85A2-RIFLE-SLING-/141060094726

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/g-g-l85-sling-od-green.html#.VxvCSM8VEbw

No. Just use Google, it is really easy to do some simple research. Putthe effortin, then give us some links to check, these took 60 seconds:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111890732372

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRITISH-ARMY-SA80-L85A2-RIFLE-SLING-/141060094726

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/g-g-l85-sling-od-green.html#.VxvCSM8VEbw

Yeah, I searched it already, Forgot to change my Comment XD

As already said, the full L85 slings are absolutely awesome. Really make using a pretty awkward gun a lot more comfy in my opinion. Not sure if it would be so fun with an osprey on as I only use a belt rig and harness with my L85 but both slings don't cost too much so might be worth giving them both a go anyway just to see which you prefer.

Yeah, I was Thinking I'd try Both Since I have a Osprey (Which I probably wont use all the time anyway)

Archived