Umarex UMP 45?

Heps_417
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening all! I've been browsing far and wide to see what upgrades are available for my Umarex UMP45... being an absolute NOOB I don't know what's compatible with / for my gun! I've upgraded the Battery but other than that I'm at a stand still, ideally I would like a better inner barrel, new spring and a new gear box. I want to have better accuracy and ROF any hints or tips? Cheers guys! 🍻 (any website links will be massively appreciated!)

Evening all! I've been browsing far and wide to see what upgrades are available for my Umarex UMP45... being an absolute NOOB I don't know what's compatible with / for my gun! I've upgraded the Battery but other than that I'm at a stand still, ideally I would like a better inner barrel, new spring and a new gear box. I want to have better accuracy and ROF any hints or tips? Cheers guys! (any website links will be massively appreciated!)

What's wrong with it the way it is?

What's wrong with it the way it is?

The accuracy sways and it's not shooting far (I've played around with the hop up and got the same result ) my G18 shoots about the distance

The accuracy sways and it's not shooting far (I've played around with the hop up and got the same result ) my G18 shoots about the distance

Is it a new gun? We had 20 of these and they all shot really well. Ours were doing about 330fps out of the box, if yours is a lot lower then it's really easy to change the spring in them.

Also, what brand and weight of BBs are you using?

Newish, I bought it in Feb I cannot recall the brand I was using beforehand apart from 5000 .02g was £7.99. I now use ASG Blaster 0.2g and recently bought 0.25g to test and use. Were I've been using 0.2g outside I'm not sure if it's the wind or the gun... I'd say 3/4 out of 10 shots sway left, part of me thinks It's the hop up as they start to sway after 15-20 meters after they've been fired.

I think It's around 328FPS but I'll be getting it chronoed the weekend! I wouldn't mind getting a new spring though!

If it's doing 328fps why would you want to get a new spring?

Blaster BBs should shoot well in it, it sounds like you've put a few thousand rounds through it so the hop should be bedded in.

The normal reason for the BBs to deflect sideways every so often is that your barrel needs a good clean out. Take it out and have a look down it in good light, if it's not consistently smooth and shiny then it needs a good clean.

Just be careful not to damage the hop rubber when you do it.

Archived