Action Army Hop-Up Chamber

Guest PT247
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest PT247

Fitted one to my VSR today, other than some technical difficulties where it tore my nine-ball bucking so had to revert to a TM bucking it was quite simple to fit and looks fantastic quality although the screws are made of cheese.

I was having issues with BBs spiraling off at the end of their range meaning longer shots were less consistent with the TM hop (which I had modified to reduce it a little), the AA hop-up chamber looked like it would solve this and I have to say it does seem to have done so judging by the few shots I've taken dialling it in. The air seal is too good now though as I am a few fps hot so am going to have to either leave it cocked for a while or trim a smidge off the spring.

If it is as good as it so far seems it'll hopefully mean I can resurrect my airsoft vids on my YouTube channel again :-)

Guest PT247

Same. I'm getting 498-501 fps consistantly with one of these, an m145 spring, a 6.01 pdi barrel and a nineball hop rubber using .20 bb's

is that on a g-spec? If so the M145 seems to balance out with the PDI 6.01 vs my set up of an M150 and a Laylax 6.03 barrel as am getting pretty much the same fps as you! Am probs gonna swap my Laylax barrel to my PDI 6.05 so as to save me chopping the spring as am more often hitting just above 500fps than just below so will fail a chrono as is.

Guest PT247

that is surprising to see your fps is no different to mine then with you having a longer barrel and a tightbore! What BBs do you use normally?

Archived