Hello from the USA!

HERO
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey fellow airsofters from across the pond! Let me start by saying I am living in USA and I airsoft regularly, have a youtube channel and access to a lot of airsoft guns plus other goodies. So I heard it was pretty hard to get airsoft guns in the UK or at least it is hard to get ones that are not bright colors, which makes me think you want to know what to buy before you get it. I am starting to make a lot of reviews and I will be posting them online for you guys to take a look at, and this brings me to my real question; how can I help the UK community more? I love airsoft and I genuinely want the sport to thrive and I want to help out places even though I may never be able to visit them. As I have been told it seems altruistic (and apparently I am by nature), but that isn't the whole case, it would be helping me out as well to get subscribers and views on my channel. More importantly than that, I have a big fear that this sport will start to die if it is not constantly fed life through passionate individuals, and if the sport doesn't die (as in stop all together) the way it is played will change to become something I do not want to be a part of. It already has started over here (in the West USA) where people are rude, harmful, hateful people that actively ruin the sport/experience for everyone else. I admire many of the ways the UK has been playing airsoft so I naturally wanted to help. I just don't know how yet, so let me know!

Thank you for reading all that,

Russell (HERO)

P.S. Here is my channel and a video teaser of what I do.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9jDedmguu3bUw2kW7_1z8g

Video:

• Head Moderator

Welcome :). Our airsoft guns are more expensive to buy over here, what you pay in Dollars is probably what we pay in Pounds, so about 30% more. If over 18 then it not actually that difficult to get a valid defence in 60 days to then purchase a realistic gun (not two tone bright colour), and our RIF does not need the bright orange tip that US airsoft guns have.

If you want to post videos, gun reviews can go in the Review section http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/forum/52-reviews/

And if general videos then create your own thread in Off Topic section, Media http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/forum/56-media/

• Supporters

Hello, welcome to the forums! Lots of knowledgeable folks here (which is what a lot of users forget.)

I have a big fear that this sport will start to die if it is not constantly fed life through passionate individuals, and if the sport doesn't die (as in stop all together) the way it is played will change to become something I do not want to be a part of. It already has started over here (in the West USA) where people are rude, harmful, hateful people that actively ruin the sport/experience for everyone else.

A mix of testosterone, hot weather and adrenaline isn't a good thing, lol. Probably why we're a lot more chilled out here- because of the sh*t weather.. :)

IMO I think that the hobby is getting bigger overtime, manufacturers innovating, YouTubers like yourself.. I wouldn't worry about it.

• Supporters

Where?

Over there...

No, further back, behind the cupboards.

• Head Moderator

Where?

The Darkweb, where you can use 3 character searches :)

• Supporters

Where about in the States? Im down in Florida, but over the summer ill be all over the south.

Hey guys thank you for the warm welcome! So it is more expensive than I thought but not as hard to get guns as I thought.

I will post the reviews I make up and I have made a thread for my other videos too! I think there is a sense of the sport dying out here because of all the fields closing down, but I really don't want to have the sport go in the wrong direction like I mentioned. Interesting thought on the cold weather too!

I am in Northern California near Fairfield (if anyone knows where that is).

Archived