Buying second hand?

JellyBelly
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator

18 to buy pyros but 16 to use them too (I think)... another stupid rule.

You're confusing laws with rules...

Law is over 18 to buy pyrotechnics. This is same as law for sale of fireworks.

https://www.gov.uk/fireworks-the-law You can’t buy ‘adult’ fireworks if you’re under 18, and it’s against the law for anyone to set off fireworks between 11pm and 7am, except on certain occasions.

Each site will have a rule on age permitted to use pyro, I expect based on insurance, but I have only been to sites where only over 18 can use it.

Having to be older to buy something but not to use it just makes no sense, It's just silly when you look at it.

• Head Moderator

Having to be older to buy something but not to use it just makes no sense, It's just silly when you look at it.

So maybe we should petition for age of airsoft to be raised to over 18 then. That does make sense ;)

You're confusing laws with rules...

Law is over 18 to buy pyrotechnics. This is same as law for sale of fireworks.

https://www.gov.uk/fireworks-the-law You can’t buy ‘adult’ fireworks if you’re under 18, and it’s against the law for anyone to set off fireworks between 11pm and 7am, except on certain occasions.

Each site will have a rule on age permitted to use pyro, I expect based on insurance, but I have only been to sites where only over 18 can use it.

My bad.

Even then, if it's based on insurance then surely the insurance companies have laws to abide by.

If the law allows for a rule whereby 16 year olds can use something they can't buy, it seems kinda dumb.

• Supporters

On private land a person can drive a motor vehicle and numerous other things

actually maybe a 5yr old could purchase a car - don't think there is a law against age of this

old smoking rule - could buy at 16yrs but couldn't buy duty free until 18

overall - @ 18yrs old you are generally deemed an adult, but there is no test to prove that adult is responsible

the laws/rules/guidelines are not perfect - but then life & us humans are never perfect either...

if ya u18 then your parents will "normally" gift or buy you a IF or RIF....

how the hell are you going to fund it tbh though you may have funds from xmas/birthday/sale of items or a first/part time job...

However - until you reach 18 then tbh it is fair to me that until then you should be informing your parents of your intentions for airsoft

Can't help if they are dead set against it but their house - their rules, I can't change that I'm sorry to say

Once you reach 18 - then you can buy your own IF or RIF with defense etc......

If however the person under whose roof you live under does their crunch about this even if 18+ then afraid that is their view point not the law

phew - think that should cover it and prevent me from being sued from any angry parent

• 2 weeks later...

Archived