Tokyo Marui CQ Flash Tactical LED Torch

mightyjebus
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thought I'd throw up a quick review of the Tokyo Marui Tactical torch.

As well as making AEG's and Pistols Tokyo Marui also make accessories for airsoft. Often these are cheap and cheerful accessories which look like a real steel product but lack the trade marks or are slightly different in shape.

The CQ Flash Tactical LED torch is one of these products and the design is based on the Surefire X300 series torch but made out of plastic with TM's own trademarks. It uses a LED for a bulb and runs off 3 x LR44 batteries.

The torch is completely plastic and is very light weight. It fits on picatinny rails without any wobble and doesn't seem like ti will fall off anytime soon.

It doesn't have a constant on switch and you need to keep the switch pushed up (or down) for the torch to shine. In practise this meant that one hand would hold the pistol and use the trigger whereas my other hand would wrap around the pistol hand and control the switch. I'd prefer it if there was a constant on switch but it's still usable as it is.

Before stick up a load of photos you might be asking why bother getting one as there are other more realistic versions out there that do a better job. Well the simple answer is that it's only 15 quid. If you are in the market for a budget torch that looks like a Surefire x300 then you might want to pick one of these up.

It comes in either Black or Tan and I bought mine from here:

torch1_zpsvozlfkxg.jpg

right%20side_zpsupzyzkje.jpg

left%20side_zpswdzo3twq.jpg

bottom_zpsqu5emgfn.jpg

top_zpshdmtijya.jpg

front_zpskcepqzwk.jpg

back_zpsugijw1u4.jpg

battery_zpsrudsicm1.jpg

dark%20room_zpsrko7w17m.jpg

Hmmm... £30 where I found one, Guess I'll have to look for a cheaper place.

• Head Moderator

Any idea how many lumens it produces? And can it take other batteries, i.e. CR123A?

Any idea how many lumens it produces? And can it take other batteries, i.e. CR123A?

There is little info on the lumens that I could find but it's probably between 80-100. I'm basing this off a few torches i have here. It's brighter than my maglight AA led torch which is rated at 77 but it's not as bright as some of my 150 lumen surefires.

Archived