Hi, a newbie from Swindon...

JellyBelly
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Pretty sure the op is asking what gun to get not for a whole kit list.

He also mentions he is doing his 3 games to go on the UKARA database so no need to mention that as he already knows.

Also if he has £300 for a gun why would anyone recommend a G&G M4 because there is a lot better on the market for that money.

To the op look around see what you like. When something catches your eye read some reviews if it looks ok buy it.

Everyone will tell you what you need and give you suggestions but in reality you are better off just making up your own mind and learning as you go.

I don't mind all the opinions as everyone is allowed one, All the info I can get is a great help and is a eye opener to the world of airsoft. As for the gun a lot of people are saying to start of with the G & G, I was looking at the CM16 SRXL which I really like the look of? Any one had any experience with one?

• Supporters

I don't mind all the opinions as everyone is allowed one, All the info I can get is a great help and is a eye opener to the world of airsoft. As for the gun a lot of people are saying to start of with the G & G, I was looking at the CM16 SRXL which I really like the look of? Any one had any experience with one?

About 90% of people will have experience of a CM16 its the most common gun in airsoft but necessarily the best. They are all basically the same inside whether cheap or top tech its really only the externals and a few electronic gizmos that are different across the range. Stay away from the ones with ecu's until G&G stop having issues with them.

There are a lot of good guns under £300 but the only way you will know which one is for you is when its in your hand.

• Supporters

ETU's have their problems - need 11.1v and don't think about upgrading motors coz they can't take it captain:

858168937-scotty-meme-generator-she-cann

tbh a £150 -ish ol' school G&G - so what if its polymer will do as a cheap starter gun

or ICS

or if you got the cash to splash

some other gun beginning with K we keep going on about

• Supporters

correct Krytac not King Arms etc......

tbh - it depends on your budget but reckon either will do

and no doubt your collection will grow - guns to us are like shoes to women

Yes you can only use one at a time - ok akimbo pistols/mp5k's

but same rules apply to girl's stuff as "men's stuff" - though we try to forget that really they are just toy guns

(some expensive toys that we announce are more realistic but deep down still toys - nope they are Pro training similulation - ergh toy guns)

Must read - Ian's guide to noobism - gospel & goldmine of info

wish I had read it before I bought the common mistake of FANTASTIC - QUALITY - FULL METAL (plastic) awesome JBBG crap

I know this probably going to sound like a stupid question but what can happen if you wanted to buy a second hand gun off someone on here? Would you need to have that UKARA number etc?... what I'm getting at is, is this something sort of loop hole or is between the seller/buyers discretion?

• Head Moderator

I know this probably going to sound like a stupid question but what can happen if you wanted to buy a second hand gun off someone on here? Would you need to have that UKARA number etc?... what I'm getting at is, is this something sort of loop hole or is between the seller/buyers discretion?

It could be a good idea to start a new thread with that question. You will get a wider response, and it could provide useful information that can be more easily searched.

It could be a good idea to start a new thread with that question. You will get a wider response, and it could provide useful information that can be more easily searched.

Ah OK cheers. Sorry about my grammar, I'm at work and typing on my phone which is always throwing a wobbly haha.

Archived