What brands AOR2 (pants/trousers).

Sacarathe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Other than Emerson, what brands (real and imitation) are available for AOR2?

I find the Emerson do not fit me ideally, they are clearly made for shorter people. I'm also interested in finding out the brands for the US Navy suppliers so I can properly search for them.

I'm mainly interested in combat pants/trousers, but also the *I-don't-know-the-term* barracks type fatigues. At this point, I don't mind with/without knee pads.

I don't mind admitting I'm over invested into AOR2 pouches (on Ranger Green platforms), and I'd like to have truly fitting/comfortable pants/trousers. For pants/trousers budget not an issue.

• Head Moderator

I don't mind admitting I'm over invested into AOR2 pouches (on Ranger Green platforms), and I'd like to have truly fitting/comfortable pants/trousers. For pants/trousers budget not an issue.

Have you checked out the OPS (UR Tactical) brand of kit? Hueys sell it in the UK, and they do trousers in long leg. www.hueys.co.uk

http://www.hueys.co.uk/epages/es151784.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es151784/Products/%22OPS%20Gen2%20FR%20Pants%20AOR2%22/SubProducts/%22OPS%20Gen2%20FR%20Pants%20AOR2-0005%22&ViewAction=ViewProduct

UR Tactical. http://www.ur-tactical.com/index.php/component/virtuemart/view/category/search/true/limitstart/0/virtuemart_category_id/0?keyword=aor2&limitstart=0&option=com_virtuemart&view=category

• Supporters

Allwin do the best reproduction ones. The supplier for the USN is crye precision if you're looking at combat pants, only available on the 'grey market' and you're looking at well over £300 for a pair in any kind of usable size.

Failing that, search eBay for NWU Type 3 and that'll bring up the barracks style trousers which I believe are made by either frog or massif.

AOR2 and NWU Type 3 aren't identical, as the NWU fabric has the USN anchor logo within the pattern, but getting actual AOR2 ones is near impossible as they're only issue to NSW guys.

I second Huey's - OPS pants are very well made and very comfortable.

Have had a pair in MC since about 2009 and they have been damn-near bullet-proof thus far.

• Supporters

Allwin do the best reproduction ones. The supplier for the USN is crye precision if you're looking at combat pants, only available on the 'grey market' and you're looking at well over £300 for a pair in any kind of usable size.

Failing that, search eBay for NWU Type 3 and that'll bring up the barracks style trousers which I believe are made by either frog or massif.

AOR2 and NWU Type 3 aren't identical, as the NWU fabric has the USN anchor logo within the pattern, but getting actual AOR2 ones is near impossible as they're only issue to NSW guys.

What about Semapo Gear?

• Supporters

I've seen very mixed reviews of semapo, worth reading up on them before plunging in. I've read reports of significant variations in size and materials used between batch; some items being awesome and some being terrible. I contemplated getting some at a point because of the difficulty in tracking down AOR2 combat cut stuff and AC cut in MC/RG/Sand (though their sand is waaaay off Crye), but in the end the reports I read about sizing and uncertainty in getting a good example put me off so I went a different route. If you can find their AOR2 stuff (not sure they've been able to get hold of the fabric for a while now) then it's possibly a good option though.

I've had UR-Tac stuff in AOR2 fabric and NWU, again however, not seen them make any for a long time so if you happen to find your size still hanging about in stock grab it quick. Their quality is generally fairly high but I've owned quite a lot over the years and had key stitch points totally fail on the garments' first game out (not doing anything strenuous) due to bar tacking being missed at the sew stage then not picked up during any sort of QC. They use great materials throughout however and a lot of the time if you want a certain pattern in a combat cut there's no other option since they manufacture a wider range than just about anybody else on the planet (close competition anyway).

Also seen a fair amount of issued NWU on ebay which wasn't going for too crazy prices last I looked but most of it will be in america; plus of course actual AOR2 for sale in various conditions dotted around if you've got the dollar.

What does 3D mean against Gen2/Gen3 ?

Just their weird naming convention to avoid directly copying the Crye nomenclature after copying Crye's design. All their stuff was basically Gen2/AC cut last I saw.

• Supporters

As JC said, it's just the USN logo in the NWU fabric that's different and the logos are very small and sparsely spread. I've had them side by side and I really didn't notice anything different by way of colouration or the actual pixel pattern.

As JC said, it's just the USN logo in the NWU fabric that's different and the logos are very small and sparsely spread. I've had them side by side and I really didn't notice anything different by way of colouration or the actual pixel pattern.

Sorry, I based that question exactly upon what he said, just forgot to quote. Thanks for this clarification.

If I can't find fitting stock, I'll try the next size up from emerson, but I have doubts.

• Supporters

If I can't find fitting stock, I'll try the next size up from emerson, but I have doubts.

I'll be honest, I have a pair of Emerson combat pants (get 3 style) and they fit just fine. There are some on eBay that are "Asian fit" but avoid those and you should be OK.

• Supporters

Emerson fit me fine but i find that you have to always choose a size or two up to get a decent fit.

Emerson are clearly made in China/Hong Kong et al and their manufacturers have been using "Asian Man" Fit which means that because on average the Asian Man is smaller than Caucasian Man the XLarge size is our equivalent of Medium or Large. And most ebay stores selling the stuff dont advertise if its Euro or Asian fit which was annoying at first as i thought do i choose Asian man because i am one or Euro Man?

This is why i hate clothes labelled in Small, Medium and Large etc, how hard is it to use actual CM or Inches when making clothing, normally UK clothes I am Large due to a 6 foot 2 inch height and 38inch waist but for Emerson i had to go for XX Large when i was getting my Kryptek Typhon gear together for my CQB outfit.

I'll be honest, I have a pair of Emerson combat pants (get 3 style) and they fit just fine. There are some on eBay that are "Asian fit" but avoid those and you should be OK.

I imported them from a HK retailer. They don't fit me great*, but they apparently fit JEDI_master fine.

*I wear them on my hips rather than my waist, could do with an extra 2-3 inch length on the in seam, but above that, on the waist is fine. Main problem is the knee pads are something like 4-5 inches too high when I kneel, even with them on my hips.

The knee pads are just acceptable, and they are fine for laying down crawling, but not for kneeling.

• Supporters

I imported them from a HK retailer. They don't fit me great*, but they apparently fit JEDI_master fine.

*I wear them on my hips rather than my waist, could do with an extra 2-3 inch length on the in seam, but above that, on the waist is fine. Main problem is the knee pads are something like 4-5 inches too high when I kneel, even with them on my hips.

The knee pads are just acceptable, and they are fine for laying down crawling, but not for kneeling.

Are you particularly tall and skinny?

• Supporters

175cm (under 6foot) 82kg

Surprised they didn't fit then. You're shorter than me and mine are fine!

Surprised they didn't fit then. You're shorter than me and mine are fine!

I got the 34" waist. The only problem is the knee pads, if I took those out and wore them at the correct height i expect they'd be fine, but once you try integrated, going back is awkward.

• Supporters

I got the 34" waist. The only problem is the knee pads, if I took those out and wore them at the correct height i expect they'd be fine, but once you try integrated, going back is awkward.

I know what you mean. I wore my old BDUs the other day and it felt weird when I knelt down and there was no pad!

Archived