Anyone located in or around Glasgow that can give me a hand?

Keldri
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I need to short stroke my piston as well as a gear, and have my piston swiss cheesed. http://www.ak2m4.co.uk/ra-12-1-ultra-high-speed-gears and http://www.ak2m4.co.uk/ra-7-tooth-piston is what I'm working with. I've been told that 3 gears from the pickup side on the gear, as well as 3 on the piston should be sufficient.
I wanted to get a good trigger response for a semi auto only setup, and was suggested to go this route. I dont have the tools or a place to work with this, so if anyone know anywhere i could get it done, or anyone could do it, id gladly pay for it.

Thanks

• Supporters

for starters - only go 2 teeth max and you must be using say a m115 spring

the best bit of stuff on cheapy side is a flexible dremmel shaft

or a kit like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Combitool-Rotary-Multitool-Combi-Multi-Tool-240v-Electric-Dremel-Compatible/131628193182?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3D634a324eaa8a4db386b91fd02fb12e10%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dag%26sd%3D281944567721

you can hack the teeth off with hacksaw and file away the rest, yes you do need a file or a decent set of files for any tech stuff

but think carefully about shortstroking and go in stages 1 or 2 teeth max - you can remove a tooth later but can't put it back on

ask a local garage perhaps - though time you give them a drink you may be best off looking into getting some basic tools for work yourself

May I stress that shortstroking is for guns cycling very quickly on higher springs trying to reduce overspin - aprox 25rps+

if the rest of the box/gun is not assembled with a pretty high degree of care and attention it will not last long

it is not that hard but you need to be experienced in the rest of the box running ultra sweet before just trying to go faster n faster

you should already have a good little file set, san/emery paper, maybe digital vernier gauge for assisting in shimming and check stuff

be very fussy in getting piston light as possible blah blah blah and above all being prepared to spend days even weeks if needed to get parts needed/fitted as best as you can - a day rebuild is either pro stuff with everything to hand using tried n tested materials

or in most cases I believe a bit rushed if trying to tune that much

well that is my take but I never rush stuff - if you don't do stuff to the best of your ability then why bother is my usual thought

(of course if you are stressed or really pushed for time then yeah you gotta just say sod it at times but I still don't like it)

Get the siegetek dual sector gear for good trigger response. needs a bit of tinkering with tappet plates and the like but better than short stroking current gears.

https://airlab.parts/collections/siegetek/products/siegetek-individual-gears

I think asg do one aswell but not sure how good it is

hope this helps

Alex

• Supporters

Get the siegetek dual sector gear for good trigger response. needs a bit of tinkering with tappet plates and the like but better than short stroking current gears.

https://airlab.parts/collections/siegetek/products/siegetek-individual-gears

I think asg do one aswell but not sure how good it is

hope this helps

Alex

Have you ever set up a dsg?

• Supporters

DSG's are over rated imho

Tappet timings are critical, limited to 250mm barrels or 275 Max

Bastid spring m160+

OP needs a few tools himself or how the f*ck is he gonna do just basic AoE himself for starters

25rps on 7.4v is plenty - sod DSG hose machines

I'm not gonna bother redoing the HC05 anytime soon crappy poxy gun imho

• Supporters

DSG's are over rated imho

Tappet timings are critical, limited to 250mm barrels or 275 Max

Bastid spring m160+

OP needs a few tools himself or how the f*ck is he gonna do just basic AoE himself for starters

25rps on 7.4v is plenty - sod DSG hose machines

I'm not gonna bother redoing the HC05 anytime soon crappy poxy gun imho

Not over rated just a git to get right.

You still need to remove piston teeth and will need a full metal rack, new spring, metal bearing spring guide, new motor, mosfet,good piston head, maybe a new cylinder, improved wiring (they get hot)

and if you have a crap cast gearbox shell thats probably going to die as well.

Add the bill for that lot to the £100 gearset and the 10 packets of anadin for the headaches you get making it work properly and you really have to wonder if its worth it.

• Supporters

101% agree

Modify and SHS do dual sectors, rip off of Riot's

In fact getting anything to run right can be a major bollock ache at times, but when it starts to work really sweet it is one hell of a f*ck yeah feeling

(though at back of my mind I'm just waiting for it to go pear shape once again)

• Supporters

101% agree

Modify and SHS do dual sectors, rip off of Riot's

In fact getting anything to run right can be a major bollock ache at times, but when it starts to work really sweet it is one hell of a f*ck yeah feeling

(though at back of my mind I'm just waiting for it to go pear shape once again)

Siegetek gears aren't bullet proof anyway I broke a tooth on my dsg.

Some idiot put a titanium rack on the piston.☺

I only recomended seigetek gears as were the first ones i thought of.

They may be fiddly but when you get them right they can run like a dream and wont stress your gearbox as much as short stroking.

But you may have more experience dealing with that than me so i will bow to your experience.

Cheers

Alex

• Supporters

Trust me a DSG needs a lot more precision to work effectively...

The timing of the tappet plate is very limited in that you can't add a hefty delay clip to hold back nozzle further coz you gotta get the nozzle back asap with little timing left due to each shot per half sector rotation so to speak....

On a Shortstroke setup, you may only need say 2 teeth or up to 4 max on say m120 spring

which is what numerous import guns run with with modest motors - so hardly stressing it keeping spring in gun but reducing stroke

Also you got plenty of scope to add delay clip of various types to assist feeding plus can use Shortstroking on longer barrels up to say 380-400mm

Performance wise - yes a DSG will cycle quicker but not a massive amount as some might think

On SSG's you have numerous gearing you can use

FireHawk DSG 7.4v or 8.44v lipo = 40rps @ 300fps

Long Raider SSG 12:1 Shorstroked 4 teeth - just about on limit on 357mm barrel - same battery 33rps but 330fps

(though this is dues to longer barrel creeping up the fps)

Recent FFR A2 - 12:1 SS 3 teeth same setup as the other 2 guns 30rps, 300mm barrel @ 349 fps

but dropped crazy motor a little to a sensible 25/26rps and feeds flawless even on std mag on full auto

(was just starting to miss a smidge so dropped motor speeds and spring a touch to 325fps for indoor cqb)

I did smash the 13:1 set on 11.1v hitting 39rps+ destroyed the bevel gear on a cheapy gearset but shs are the nutz that I now will only use

I know the yanks love DSG's, but to me a DSG has gotta hit near 40rps or why bother

but 40rps can be acheived on SSG - even up to 50rps but that is seriously going some on crazy 50c 11.1v or even 14.8v lipo's

at 30rps - deffo 35rps, many things take place apart from asking for trouble, increase heat and wear, misfeeding and just being called a w@nker by most

DSG's are the type of thing people think - f*ck yeah - but honestly I think I'd rather get a sweet SSG running 25 - 30 max

One that feeds well, shoots well and purrs nicely without sounding crap and having to keep changing batteries so often

plus if approaching high twenties you won't notice the difference so much if you hit high 30's

eg: 17rps to 27rps - big difference but 27rps to 37rps - hmmm really not that intense like 17 to 27rps imho

plus fitting a m120 spring is ok - try getting a m160/m170 bastid in the box and keeping it together whilst you try and close it up

took me about 10 or even 15 tries and numerous times something jumped off just as I thought I got her shut - yeah forgot about that "fun" spring

I'm not saying everybody shortstroke straight away - no sir...

What I strongly suggest is to get a get running sweet - really get her sorted nicely on mainly stock stuff

now on a mosfet gun - even stock motor you can hit 20rps on 11.1v if you wish - mosfet is very wise

if you want to change motor to go faster then approaching 25rps - depends on spring

you may start over-running & possible double firing.....

This figure of mid twenties is perhaps when you might consider shortstroking - you do not need or shouldn't need it on a gun just hitting 20rps - well maybe a mofo long barrel pushing up fps on a m90/95 but long barrels like 455mm ak's you can't really shortstroke coz you need full stroke for volume....

What I'm trying to say to anybody - just ensure you got the walking bit sussed before you attempt to try and run or trot a bit faster so to speak - I broke LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSS

(still breaking btw but understand now when I'm getting close to taking the pi$$ plus I am fortunate it is no biggie if I bollox yet another gun for poops n giggles)

PS - I am not a techy guru walking on water - far from it

I'm still sinking like a stone - I just have broke loads taking the pi$$ and slowly thinking stupid speed $hit is not all it's cracked up to be

Archived