Cqb Aeg

Mortious
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I'm a few weeks away from getting my defence and have been spending my evenings playing at a local indoor cqb site.

I'm trying to make a decision on my first aeg purchase. The site I've been playing at has a 300 fps maximum limit. Due to to location and evening opening times I will be mostly playing here. However I will occasionally want to play at woodland sites with higher fps limits.

Can anyone recommend a good aeg that would be both suitable for cqb sites but wouldn't put me to far behind when it comes to forest play. Can I get away with 50 or so less fps?

I will eventually buy two weapons if needed however I'd ideally rather pay out for a good all rounder to start even if I Invest more into it.

I have been looking at the firehawk however I'm aware that they are not known for their range even at full fps.

My budget could stretch to the 350 mark however ideally less woukd be better meaning I can get more mags etc.

I've heard of quick change spring systems. As a internals noob are these really quick change and easy to do? Am I better off keeping with the one spring?

Any suggestions appreciated.

I have been looking into the scorpion, It says the gearbox works with M100 and maximum M130 springs. The m100 will be running way to hot I guess? as such would it be suitable for running a limit of 300 seeing as its not made for a m90 spring ?

• Supporters

I have been looking into the scorpion, It says the gearbox works with M100 and maximum M130 springs. The m100 will be running way to hot I guess? as such would it be suitable for running a limit of 300 seeing as its not made for a m90 spring ?

It will be fine with an M90 but you might want an m85 and you can change the springs in a couple minutes when you want higher fps. The quick change spring on it is probably the simplest design out there.

If you contact firesupport they will test and supply the springs you need with the gun.

• Supporters

Ahh ok seeing that it talked about using a lower spring voided the warranty it had me worried

The only thing is with a lower spring you can get overcycle issues but using a 7.4v battery would solve that.

I dont think there are any issues with using 7.4v with it but best to check with supplier.

The bit in the manual about using only ultimate springs is crap and I seriously doubt it would hold up under scrutiny, its the same as when you buy something and it says only use Duracell batteries.

Archived