Help!

LucaGiorgio
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am new to airsofting and I had my first gun for Christmas just gone. I got a CM.039C (http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/cm-039c-full-metal?from=listing&campaign-id=14) out the box hit was shooting 430FPS as it says its supposed to. This was too hot for my site for a full auto which needs to be 350 or below. The site allowed me to use it on single fire only which I completely loved! Not sure if this was down to it being my first time using the gun but it seemed pretty accurate. The owner of the site I think kinda scammed me of £30 to change to spring to get it under the 350. It now shoots at 330ish and it doesn't feel like the same gun anymore and I've totally gone off wanting to use it. It feels as though is not accurate at medium to long distances and it seems even at short range the power is no longer there. Of course with it being a Cyma its RPM is slow which I also want to change but I have no idea how to do any of this! After thinking about it rather than bodging the gun up doing upgrades myself I might invest in a better gun and i've been looking at these two: APS ASR 117 (http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/asr117-boar-tactical-ebb-full-metal-aps?from=listing&campaign-id=19) and the APS ASR 116 (http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/asr116-lpa-ebb-full-metal-aps?from=listing&campaign-id=20) Now these seem to be better and seen some good reports about their new gearbox but still unsure of what to do! The 116 is much lighter than my AK meaning easier to carry on long day and long weekends but im really unsure of what to do incase I buy the 116 or 117 and their rate of fire, accuracy and range turn our to be no so good either! HELP!

330fps is not bad for a gun you know. FPS does not alter accuracy, that is the hop up system.

FPS is only the velocity that the round travels.

He will have put a lower power spring in, probably a M100 as a M110 generally shoots around 360-380fps.

How does the gun not feel itself? it may not have as much kick as the spring is a lower tension but this should not affect performance.

I would not buy another gun just because of the spring change.

It would be cheaper to get a tech to double check the work done on it than buy a new gun.

To change RPM you will need to get a better motor or if you are not using currently get a 7.4v lipo, preferably a 2000mha+

i would stick to a high torque motor instead of a high speed as they are slower but better on trigger response.

Hope this helps.

Alex

Also have you checked the setting on your hop up? he may have turned it down as he was stripping the gun for the spring change.

When I was talking about FPS i meant like before when it it the target it felt harder hitting so they would definitly know they were hit apposed to just a slight tap to meaning to be mean or anything but you honestly cant feel some hits from a distance.

BTW I only play outdoors in large areas like woodland ect

330 is on .2's but now I read the recommended for my gun I want to be using .26's-3's which of course is lowering my fps more and I did not know this before I was able to read up on it. No had chance to chrono on .26+ on either of my springs so I guess I will never know with the old one but I'll have to do some checking with the new on .26's+

Thats a good point I did forget the check my hop 0.0 what a noob! lol thanks for the advise I shall check that next and I'll learn to strip my gun and buy a few springs to find whats best!

Is mine a high torque?

Could be but it will only be a cheepy one, either that or a standard cheepy one.

Best ones are SHS torque, or if you want something better get a Lonex torque, make sure you get the same length as you have now. i dont know i you have a V2 or V3 gearbox from the description. I think its a short lenght motor for AKs.

Best thing to do is get a tech to look at it. get him to re shim the gears to spin better, check to see if you can get away with a higher tension spring. Or get some spacers for the piston to compress the spring more getting more fps however i would advise you ask the tech whether the internals can take the stress for that option.

Also get a lipo

hope this helps

Alex

The owner of the site I think kinda scammed me of £30 to change to spring to get it under the 350. It now shoots at 330ish

Not really. 350 is derived from 328. 350 is a limit not a target.

328 * 1.07 = 350.96

• 2 weeks later...

You're going to notice a difference between a gun firing at 430fps and one firing at 330fps.

You've basically been using a DMR/sniper rifle power and you're now using a standard AEG power.

I'm not sure why you think you've been scammed, £30 is a reasonable price to strip your gearbox apart and fit a new spring. It also sounds like they've been very generous in allowing you to use it on semi only for the day - most sites would not allow a new unknown player to do that and would have offerd you the opportunity to rent a gun instead.

If you mean that they only altered it to 330fps instead of 349.9fps then they've been very sensible as it's quite common for the fps to drift up slightly after a bit of use - you'd be pretty annoyed if you returned to the site and they told you it was now doing 351fps and you couldn't use it...

Sounds more like your next purchase is likely to be a DMR or sniper rifle if you enjoy that style of play better :)

Most sites have a minimum engagement distance for guns firing over 350fps, believe me you don't want to get shot from a few feet away in the face by a gun firing 430fps...

Archived