Krytac Build/Setup Pictures

Max2000
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Considering the SPR in wolf grey as a new outdoor rifle. loving the look of it, my local shop has them in so will pop in later in the week to have a play :)

Guest PT247

haha thanks, that scope is now on my VSR and although I utterly love the DMR I actually prefer the PDW which although was modded is now in standard form as the Prommy barrel pushed it over 350fps (standard is roughly 345fps) I have a Silverback SRS 16" barrel end cap to negate the need for a flash hider and it shoots so nice. I am tempted to try the 30k motor in it as I mainly run a 7.4v LiPo so the double feed issues folk have complained about (which I have never suffered) shouldn't be an issue, I can get an 11.1v in the stock but it is so tight a fit it is an arse to bother with.

When running the PDW as a primary I normally fit a magnified scope as it is plenty good enough to warrant it but when using it as a sniper secondary I run it as above.

• Supporters

I prefer the PDW I bought a CRB and regretted it straight away, not that I had it long RIP.

If it wasn't for the fact that I find the Ar15 platform boring I would be tempted by the PDW when I next get a new gun.

The 30k does run well with a 7.4v but if you really want a good motor.

http://www.evike.com/products/51834/

Guest PT247

I prefer the PDW I bought a CRB and regretted it straight away, not that I had it long RIP.

If it wasn't for the fact that I find the Ar15 platform boring I would be tempted by the PDW when I next get a new gun.

The 30k does run well with a 7.4v but if you really want a good motor.

http://www.evike.com/products/51834/

I already have the 30k in my DMR though so could swap it out for ze gigglez :D

The (at least my) PDW is the bestest best out the box AEG I have EVER owned no lies. I have concerns now they have built a solid rep that their new range of guns will be well below par WRT the costs. I would not expect their non-Trident range to be anywhere near as good as the Mk1 Tridents and possibly the Mk2 Tridents may be less good too.... but I only say that as I am a cynic not because I know anything so don't take my word on that.

Guest PT247

I prefer the PDW

I actually wish I had bought the SDP when it was a proper Krytac, it now falls under the lower spec guns so may not be anywhere as good as the original Tridents.

• Supporters

hahahhaaa just clicked the link.... 45k.... hahahahahaha that would be obscene on an 11.1v LiPo and utterly wouldn't work on a sub 350 AEG :D

Struggle to even use with a high c 7.4v lipo. I have one and can only use a 9.6v nimh. Pulls a 150 spring like its a rubber band.

• Supporters

I already have the 30k in my DMR though so could swap it out for ze gigglez :D

The (at least my) PDW is the bestest best out the box AEG I have EVER owned no lies. I have concerns now they have built a solid rep that their new range of guns will be well below par WRT the costs. I would not expect their non-Trident range to be anywhere near as good as the Mk1 Tridents and possibly the Mk2 Tridents may be less good too.... but I only say that as I am a cynic not because I know anything so don't take my word on that.

I think the MK2 will be a step up from what I have read. Wont get one though as Krytac have pissed me off a bit by seeming to not care enough about the UK market.

• Supporters

You are so negative lately lol

Lately?

Guest PT247

I think the MK2 will be a step up from what I have read. Wont get one though as Krytac have pissed me off a bit by seeming to not care enough about the UK market.

I would up until recently have agreed except I have spent several evenings chatting on Farcebook with a Krytac person who is also ex KWA chatting about marketing etc. They are selling every gun they put on a shelf in the UK so our lack of marketing as we see it is their version of not creating more demand than they can keep up with. Also with the KWA RM4 spares issues learnt they are ensuring that they do have the spares for each Krytac sold. I was miffed to have had a 20k motor in my guns but that was due to UK retailers mis marketing them not Krytac. BTW I am in no way at all associated with Krytac, I just like a good product when I see it.

• Supporters

Well to be honest there is still room for improvement like most things.....

possible 1 or 2 teeth Shortstroking on smaller UK guns to run with 30k motor

easier spring change at back of box whilst still in gun - other makes have done this

that f*cking JBBG M4 pistol grip ffs

reduced trigger pull

rather see the above than a ETU 3rnd burst malarky in next line up of new guns

(hey I'm old school but kudos to Krytac - demonstrating how it should be done, others need to take note/follow)

Nothing terribly revolutionary, I just swapped out the grip and threw on a few carefully chosen accessories.
qfX73x4.jpg

post-11017-0-40471900-1461093226_thumb.jpg

Guest PT247

While I am sure you are very proud and I feel terrible saying it but I have to be honest you have uggoed it. Step back and look again. It just doesn't work, nice parts but not together.

Hi and welcome to AFUK is what he means..... rather than voicing an opinion on something he has not spent money on and doesn't have to use.

• Supporters

Hi and welcome to AFUK is what he means..... rather than voicing an opinion on something he has not spent money on and doesn't have to use.

Yeah definitely welcome but it is a thread about showcasing your Krytac set ups. I wasn't being harsh just honest and I think its mainly the scope doesn't go and would look so much better with an aimpoint.

If you stick your artwork in a gallery expect critics.

Edited because it came across bitchy ☺

Nice gun but the scope looks a bit small have you tried an aimpoint for the aesthetics?

Sorry to have to tell you, but the RDS is a clone of the Aimpoint T1. I use this particular optic precisely because of its small size.

Archived