BFG's

G1DD3N
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just looking for a bit of advice regarding BFGs... there are a few about on the market and am interested to hear what other players think about them and what peoples preferences are.

My main questions would be:

Single or Multi-shot?

Timed or Impact?

And i suppose preference of caliber? Most common seems to be 9mm blanks or shotgun primers.

Cheers.

• Supporters

Single or Multi-shot? i only have single myself, as i don't want to have to go hunting for my bfg's mid game etc

Timed or Impact? they both have there pro's and cons, i prefer impact myself as it doesn't give anyone a chance to get into cover etc

edit:- 9mm are abit louder, but primers are wayyyyyy cheaper

Kind of along the lines I was thinking already.

I was looking at the TRMR ones... as there is the option of a multishot base for those.

Are there any other multi-shot options worth investigating? I couldnt find many.

• Supporters

Only other multi shot option is the alpha tec hex, 6 shots.

Timed vs impact is a question like waterskis vs bicycles, they're useful for different applications. Impacts are good for fast room clearing in CQB, timed are better for sliding long distances and using outdoors.

Best timed grenade available at the moment is the SWAT VTG, best impact in my opinion is the TRMR, but there's lots of options and people make their own choices.

Cool. Looka like im looking in the right areas then. Just got to make a decision.

Thanks guys.

Trmr are awesome used mine at the mall last Sunday. Must get better at chucking it though and not kill my own team mates lol.

I have had the TRMR multi shot since they first came out, but found it was starting to mis fire a lot more than I wanted it to at about 40/60. So for my last game I put the single base back on and it bangs 100% of the time now, even at slow rolls from knee height. The single base is significantly heavier than the multi base which does help it hit harder and det more reliably.

Now I run the single base and keep a strip of primers on some black tape in a Petit Corona Cigar Tube which usually lives in my dump pouch or any other pocket. (smoking is bad kids! m'kayy)

I have had the TRMR multi shot since they first came out, but found it was starting to mis fire a lot more than I wanted it to at about 40/60. So for my last game I put the single base back on and it bangs 100% of the time now, even at slow rolls from knee height. The single base is significantly heavier than the multi base which does help it hit harder and det more reliably.

Now I run the single base and keep a strip of primers on some black tape in a Petit Corona Cigar Tube which usually lives in my dump pouch or any other pocket. (smoking is bad kids! m'kayy)

Interesting to know, and seeing as its my birthday tomorrow i might pop to JD and see which ones they have in stock.

Do you use the 209 shotgun primers or 9mm blanks?

I have a G&G G26 A1 RIF and there is a neat little storage tube in the stock of that which could be used to store primers... maybe.

.209. I only use it indoors, so in confined rooms .209 is more than enough, nobody doesn't know its gone off, 9mm is no more effective (heavier, larger to carry and not significantly louder) and 12g, as cool as they are is irresponsible to be using without hearing protection.

Outdoors i use thunderflash style disposables. I couldnt stomach losing a TRMR in a bush.

Search TRMR on the forum, some good hits, like this, and there's another good thread hiding somewhere.

I enjoy my TRMR, if they invent a timed multishot with integrated pin and reset it'd win for everyone. Few reviews on YT of bad results from Hex nade.

JD were doing a promotion a couple of weeks back for the 'old' TRMR X4 (not the new E2 model) with 150 8mm blanks included free, that's what I went for. Once the 8mm ones run out I'll switch back to 9mm.

Is this the deal that you're on about?

https://jdairsoft.net/deals/trmr-x4-315-blank-xmas-deal

yep!

Cool, might give them a ring about it. See if there is any left.

Search TRMR on the forum, some good hits, like this, and there's another good thread hiding somewhere.

I enjoy my TRMR, if they invent a timed multishot with integrated pin and reset it'd win for everyone. Few reviews on YT of bad results from Hex nade.

Thanks for the pointers.

Archived